Mountain Men Net Worth

Mountain Men’s Cast Net Worth

Mountain Men on The History Channel

mountain-men-net-worth-on-history-channel

The Mountain Men Reality Show is now in it’s fourth successful Season on The History Channel because of the authenticity of the cast members. The Mountain Men featured in this real life Reality Show not only shows how they survive, but thrive in the wilderness living off their land. The cast members include Mountain Men Mary Meierotto, Eustace Conway, Tom Oar, Rich Lewis, Kyle Bell, Morgan Beasley, Charlie Tucker and George Michaud. They all have their own way of successfully living off the grid and living off whatever the land provides.

Cast Members of Mountain Men’s Net Worth

Marty Meierotto Net Worth

Watch Mountain Men Season 2

Marty Meierotto is what you’s call a Modern Day Mountain Man/ Trapper flying a Steel Horse (Airplane) while checking his trap line 200 miles out in the middle of nowhere Alaska. Marty’s been running this Alaskan trapline where he built a cabin several years before becoming a Reality Star on Mountain Men. Marty is the “real deal” when it comes to a Modern Day Professional Trapper. He’s written several articles in “The Trapper & Predator Caller” prior to becoming a cast member on Mountain Men in his rather interesting lifestyle. Marty and his wife Dominique and daughter Noah, live in Two Rivers, Alaska, and now Celebrity Stars everyone knows in this small little town and now around the world. Marty Meierotto’s Net Worth is estimated at $250,000.00. Perhaps maybe he can now afford a new snowmobile?

Eustace Conway’s Networth

Eustace Conway’s net worth has grown faster than any of the other Mountain Men featured on the Reality Show. Once living a quiet, simple lifestyle on his 1000 acres Eustace calls “Turtle Island Preserve,” the authorities came in and shut it down, in Real Life. His workshops and classes are now busier than ever.

Tom Oar’s Net Worth

Tom Oar is also a modern day trapper living on the Yaak River in Montana with his wife Nancy, and Ellie, his faithful dog. When the Oar’s first moved to Montana, they came with a chainsaw and a dream to build a cabin and live the life of a modern day mountain family. Along with the money made from trapping, Tom also makes authentic moccasins made from Elk hides tanned himself. He’s also a custom knife maker using antler handles that’s becoming highly collectible in recent years. The majority of Tom’s income before becoming a Reality Star was made going to mountain men and trapping rendezvous selling his authentic goods. Oar claims he’s never made over $20,000.00 a year before becoming one of the most famous and likable Mountain Men on TV. Not only has Tom Oar’s net worth drastically increased in recent years from the Show, He can’t keep up with all the demand for his authentic Mountain Man products. If you’d like to buy a pair of Tom Oar’s moccasins tanned the Mountain Man way, you won’t find them online. In fact, this is one Mountain Man that doesn’t have a website or even a Facebook page. Imagine that. The best way to buy Tom’s goods is still going to a rendezvous and hoping he’s not already sold out. Tom Oar’s Net Worth is estimated over $250,000.00 with more demand for his work than he can produce.

Rich Lewis Net Worth

Rich Lewis and his wife Diane are also from Montana in the Ruby Valley. Rich has a pure passion for hunting and tracking down mountain lions with his team of highly trained hound dogs. Some would say Rich becomes a bloodhound himself when the chase is on against the most feared man-eating big cat roaming the country. Because there’s not much (if any) competition for mountain lion or cougar related problems, Rich has turned his life’s passion into a successful business in high demand with the Ruby Valley Ranchers. The Lewis Family was first seen on Mountain Men Show starting in Season 2 wasting little time showing the viewers what it’s like tracking down and treeing a mountain lion in the wild. In this new Season 4, Lewis also demonstrates his abilities (and new business opportunity) against a pack of Wolves who moved into the Ruby Valley. Exactly how much it costs to hire Rich Lewis to hunt down mountain lions on your property all depends on the circumstances, but its not cheap. There’s lots of cougars roaming the country, but there’s only one Rich with his highly prized dogs. Rich Lewis’s Net Worth is $300,000.00 as near as we can tell at this time.

George Michaud’s Net Worth

George Michaud is a hardcore trapper and primitive outdoor survival expert living along the Snake River and the Tetons in the State of Idaho. Before becoming one of the most recognized Reality Stars on the Mountain Men, Michaud made all his income from the fur he traps in the winter and the hides he tans in the summer. Just like Tom Oar, the best place to buy George’s handcrafted items is at a Mountain Men Rendezvous that only comes around a few times a year. George Michaud’s Net Worth is estimated $100,000.00 with his authentic Mountain Man products now commanding top dollar.

Charlie Tucker’s Net Worth

Charlie Tucker is a modern day logger who decided to start living the Mountain Men lifestyle in the Great North Woods of Maine. While Charlie’s always made a good living in the logging business, He also had a passion for trapping in the winter time and living a simpler life in the Great Outdoors. Charlie Tucker’s Net Worth is estimated at $500,000.00 which gives him a good chance succeeding as a Modern Day Mountain Man with a little comfort.

Kyle Bell’s Net Worth

Kyle Bell runs a successful hunting guide service with his 11 year-old-son Ben, along the Cimarron Valley in New Mexico. Unlike the other Mountain Men featured in the TV Reality Show, Bell lives a comfortable lifestyle while still living as a Modern Day Mountain Man. The primary source of income for the Bell’s is his business called Folsom Outfitters providing Guided Hunts for Elk, Deer, Bear, Wild Turkey and even Buffalo. Over the years, Kyle has amassed over 45,000 acres of private land in the Cimarron Valley and an exceptional reputation for successful hunts. But hunting with a Celebrity Star doesn’t come cheap. A five day guided trophy elk hunt, for instance, costs $7,000.00 plus the license fees. It does, however, include lodging, meals and taking care of the meat and caping after a success hunt. Kyle Bell’s Net Worth is estimated at least $3 million making him the most successful Mountain Man on the Reality Show.

Morgan Beasley’s Net Worth

Morgan Beasley is the newest cast member on Mountain Men making his debut in Season 4. There’s very little information about Morgan before he moved to Alaska over ten years ago and has been living off the land ever since. Imagine if they put this guy on the new “Alone Survival Show” where the sole survivor survives in the woods as long as they can. They’d be waiting a long time for this Mountain Man that can survive for years at a time. Before Morgan joined the Cast on Mountain Men, He bought himself 37 acres of land in Alaska he finally wants to call home. The only problem is, Beasley doesn’t like to fly and not a big fan of vehicles either. So Morgan decides to go on a 250 mile hike right through some of the toughest terrains Alaska has to offer. I hope his camera crew designated to follow him was paid overtime following his interesting way of navigating in the wild. Morgan Beasley’s Net Worth is a Million Bucks as far as we’re concerned. Maybe not in dollars, yet, but in the Mountain Man lifestyle he enjoys every single day.

Mountain Men’s “Official” Website
FaceBook
Twitter

94 thoughts on “Mountain Men Net Worth

• 08/15/2015 at 10:51 am

Morgan is Ridiculous. All of the Mountain Men are pretty Sick but Morgan is off that charts in my book. Hiking through the woods for 250 Miles is not the Most interesting TV but just listening to him talking about covering 9 Miles in Snowy conditions with only 6 hours of Daylight. Any Hiker would be impressed.

• 08/21/2015 at 1:08 pm

Agreed about Morgan. Marty seems like the real deal as well, and a bit crazy. I always wonder how he doesn't get stuck out somewhere or get himself into something he can't handle. Tom seems like a real nice guy, and man did I feel bad for Rich losing one of his good buddies. Very sad episode. As for Eustace and Kyle, I am still trying to figure out if they are the real deal or not.

• 08/22/2015 at 4:28 pm

Field & Stream magazine did an awesome article on Marty. Its worth lookin at if your interested in him. Real deal all the way.

• 08/27/2015 at 12:35 pm

Morgan Beasley is 100% Bad-A$$. When he waited for, and then shot that beaver with his hand gun, and had to then bust it out from under the ice, I knew this guy is one tough dude. Couple that with the entire story of his recent life and you can see what an amazing man Morgan is!

• 08/28/2015 at 9:26 am

Agreed! Morgan and Eustace are tough and I respect and admire their choice to live the way they do.

• 09/05/2015 at 10:14 pm

What's the deal with Preston? Is he just a neighbor or partner or just has nothing else to do but be Eustice's sidekick?

• 09/07/2015 at 5:39 pm

I also am curious about Preston. He wears a wedding ring, so he must be a neighbor? Nice guy. My favorite role of Preston is how gentle he is handling his horses in tough terrain.

• 09/09/2015 at 12:12 am

There's a lot of their lifestyle hidden desire within each of us who love the out of doors. I like them all but especially Marty for I used to have a small plane and flew it in some dangerous places too. He's surely the hardest worker by far. I fell out with Eustice when he was overly hard on his help. Tom is just a dear man that I'd like to live near by and learn from. I had a house in Montana for 9 years but near Ennis which is no where as wild as the Yak valley. I hope this show never ends for it's supplying more for my human spirit than most would think. BTW, Ben, Kyle's son is a very favorite now too. He's handsome and learning fast to be a "mountain man" like his dad. A very blessed young man.

• 09/09/2015 at 7:07 pm

I believe both Eustice and Preston have college degrees. Preston was a school teacher for many years. He is married and lives in a really nice cabin. I believe they both graduated from Appalachian State.

• 09/11/2015 at 12:44 pm

Marty is my favorite, im so touched by the way he is so tender when it comes to his " girls".. Just watched Noah and him skin a Marten. They rock.. And I think he is a hottie…Respectfully said of course..

• 09/11/2015 at 9:24 pm

you can do some reading about preston.he makes knives.he was a school teacher.look him up

• 09/18/2015 at 1:59 am

I think you need to update this blog because Turtle Island was only shut down, temporary during Nov 2012. The House and Senate voted unanimously to pass H774. The bill was signed into law by Governor Pat McCrory of NC on June 12, 2013.. H774 An act to exempt primitive structures from building codes. Turtle Island is up and running and he offers all kinds of classes, internships and more..

• 09/18/2015 at 3:09 pm

When are we going to see Morgan? Haven't seen him on Mountain Men the last few shows.

• 09/22/2015 at 1:10 pm

I totally agree! It is do precious how Marty calls his wife and daughter his girls. You are one lucky wife Dominique because you have one wonderful Mountain Man. You are blessed too, Nancy! Tom is also a wonderful husband. This is my favorite show on television!

• 09/23/2015 at 12:45 pm

I was wondering that same thing myself as I am really interested in seeing more of Morgan on the show.

• 09/28/2015 at 4:25 pm

For sure! Morgan was the coolest story this season. Its almost like we get to see Marty or Tom when they are 30 starting out! It looks like they finally found their next character after Charlie and the Idaho trapper dude kind of flopped. I bet we wont see anymore of him this season, it seems like they wrapped up his story a few episodes back. I hope they keep him net year so we can watch him build the homestead. Any idea how much money these guys make off the show?

• 09/28/2015 at 4:26 pm

I agree, more Morgan! Unfortunately, it seems like they wrapped up his story after the plane dropped his supplies on his property. My bet is we wont see any more of him until next season. That will be amazing though, to watch him build his homestead from the ground up.

• 10/02/2015 at 1:20 pm

I have always felt that Eustace staged stuff and he's a really bad actor. I think for his age, Tom is a bad ass. I love seeing little Ben learn the ropes.

• 12/31/2016 at 9:54 am

Oar is his last name

• 10/10/2015 at 1:33 pm

I read somewhere that they make $5000 per episode, but I haven't done my own research to back that up. But it sounds reasonable for TV work.

• 01/02/2017 at 11:56 am

I would like to know how they make their money.

• 10/17/2015 at 1:35 pm

That is great news! I love Tom and Nancy and look forward to seeing what's coming up for them.

• 10/20/2015 at 12:13 pm

other than what's already mentioned, how much land do they own?

• 10/26/2015 at 1:13 pm

Never let your education get in the way of your learning.

• 11/16/2015 at 4:14 pm

I'm starting to have my doibts about this show when I see Marty build the cabin with only a chain saw and where does the window come from

• 12/06/2015 at 1:50 pm

A question concerning Marty –
    How did he get all his stuff into the revelation mountains – all we were told is that he flew in there once, then again once with more supplies. Yet he appears to have brought:

a snowmobile and spare parts
    fuel for the snowmobile (I'm guessing 200-400 pounds worth based on one gallon per run for 50? runs)
    a portable sawmill
    a chainsaw and spare parts
    tools such as sledge, ax/maul, wedges
    fasteners – lots of big spike-nails
    stove + chimney duct
    tarps to cover the roof
    a window
    traps
    guns, knives, ammo
    kitchenware, cookware
    bedding
    clothes
    some basic food items

• 12/28/2016 at 7:04 am

Marty has a friend that has helped him make drops, one more thing to add to this. Marty also has enough money to pay pilots to help make additional drops, which is what I think they might have done. They aren’t gonna take up show time to show how he got his stuff there. I mean the dude was obviously making his cuts, from cutting down timber, to cutting the logs, the guy is seriously one talented bad dude. Once he had his logs in place he drove stakes into them. If u can’t tell what he’s doing takes skill, then go try it, try it in ur back yard, building a dog house. I guarantee u will have a greater respect for what he can do, along with the other guys.

• 12/17/2015 at 12:27 pm

Don't you forget that Marty has a friend who has a plane too? If you watched the entire season, you saw the portable sawmill is actually portable!!! Everything listed fit in a small plane as the window is small too. I think him and his friend brought things over there…

• 12/17/2015 at 12:36 pm

Do these guys not get paid for being on tv? It seems like with the success of the show (I love it) these guys would be doing really well. 250,000 is very respectable but doesn't sound like reality star money. Why would these guys deal with the hassle of cameras in their face while dealing with beats and frost bite for nothing??

• 01/05/2016 at 10:23 pm

would love to know the names of some of these mountain men trade shows where their products could be purchased. I am stationed out of the country and would love to plan a special trip at the same time to go see some of these beautiful areas.

• 01/14/2017 at 10:31 am

I would love to see what each of these guys look like in Armani suits, all cleaned up, shaved, nails cleaned, hair cut and dyed. I would bet that are really handsome. Right now they are ruggedly handsome. Just CURIOUS about a make over.

• 02/04/2017 at 7:04 pm

I bet they would look great!! My sister is married to one of Marty’s cousins,(big family those Meierotto’s) they are all very good looking.
        I love this show and can’t wait for the new season. Been watching reruns. I love the outdoor shows, on wilderness and survival.

• 01/05/2016 at 10:24 pm

A friend brought some of the items in a more powerful plane. I watched in one episode as the took the stove out of the plane when his wife and daughter came to stay at the camp. There was a bunch more things that the friend brought with him as well. Can't say where everything came from but some came from there. Don't know how far apart this camp is from the first camp either. Seems like the stuff would be able to go back and forth between the two camps based on where he was currently trapping.

• 01/07/2016 at 5:46 pm

To mr Wales- why ON EARTH would you think they do these shows for no payment? Don't you bother to read the thread of comments before you make yours?
    Someone has told you that they believe the guys concerned make about $5000 per episode, but they haven't researched to verify that figure. Does that help you?
    As with most others commenting, I'm a big fan. It's great to see how they live and to gain an insight into the 'how's and whys ' of what they do.
    I'm inspired to have a go at tanning myself.

• 01/11/2016 at 2:54 pm

Marty has made multiple trips and got everything brought in and prepared for the production of him building his cabin. It would be bad TV watching episodes of him bringing in load after load, he got prepared ahead of time so we could see the cabin making action. His revelation cabin is hundreds of miles from his previous cabin location.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:50 pm

yeah up and running, acres of abandoned vehicles, modern heavy equipment, they don't show you that now do they, piles of old batteries leakin acid on the ground. $90 spoon carving classes, this is the biggest joke on tv. ask euacless about his properties in town!

• 05/20/2016 at 5:48 pm

Tom reminds me of my dear grandfather. He has a sweet way about him. I'd love to have one of his hand-crsfted knives. God bless them all

• 05/23/2016 at 2:45 pm

He is probably home schooled. I too love Tom and his wife. They are awesome people. Morgan I am not impressed with. He just doesn't seem as educated as all the rest. Killing a tree to push down another when he could have notched it a certain way to fall the way he wanted it to go seems like a waste of a perfectly fine tree. I wish them all the best life has to offer.

• 05/26/2016 at 12:18 pm

Well I hope Eustace does have other properties. I hope all of these guys are able to male good off of their fame and hard work.

• 06/18/2016 at 3:54 pm

Kyle got 45,000 acres and worth millions, he's bad ass but ain't no true real deal mountain man n Eustace was a famous environmentalists before the show, Tom's the real deal

• 06/19/2016 at 9:40 pm

Morgan is a mans man! Last season when he shot that beaver and then busted the hole in the ice and grabbed him!!!! One tough sum b1tch!

• 06/22/2016 at 1:14 pm

Did Justin deserve all the criticism dished out publicly by Eustace?

• 07/04/2016 at 2:55 pm

Love the show. All these guys are the real deal. Toughest one who faces the most danger is Marty. Like the man. Tom is a living understatement. Here is the old man doing things men 30 years his Jr cannot do. He could be laying on the beach in Fla with his son but chose the ice cold Montana winters instead. Some have grumped over the $ they !right make. Shoot, I hope they get rich doing the show and selling their stuff or services. Capitalism at its finest. Mountain men helped settle the West, most driven by the desire to make money. Nuthin wrong with that.

• 07/07/2016 at 5:47 pm

I have watched these people from the start of it.what I would like to know is? when are they going clip ther scaggie bears and shave and maybe throw in a BIG BAR of SOAP? and take a bath some of them look like they need to jump in a sheep dip tank.

• 07/10/2016 at 3:21 pm

When will we see more of Jason in Arkansas? And is it true that Eustace is a bad landlord?I hope not. Me and the miss's love this show, and when I was growing up, lived some of the things that these guys are doing.

• 07/10/2016 at 3:21 pm

My husband and I truly love this show!Being a bronc buster and bull rider is no easy way of life,so watching Tom&Nancy is just a pleasure.Enjoy all of the Mountain Men,we're just partial to Tom&Nancy!We wish all of them much continued success!

• 07/14/2016 at 11:18 pm

I am Tom's age and live in the Appalachian mountains. I would rather live in the mountains like Tom than live in the hot and humid climate of Florida.

• 07/14/2016 at 11:18 pm

"
    "There's a lot of their lifestyle hidden desire within each of us who love the out of doors." You bet there is! I've thought a 100 times that I would PAY Tom or Rich just to let me hang out for a few weeks.

• 07/26/2016 at 9:00 pm

Marty is the best, Tom 2nd and followed by Morgan. I'm ok with Rich but I can't watch what he puts his dogs through. I don't like Eustace much as a person but he is entertaining to watch. I can't stand Kyle and Charlie..good thing they are not in this season so far.

• 07/30/2016 at 6:00 pm

Is Morgan from southern Illinois? I think I've seen him in another documentary, "Stevie," about a man who returns several years to a young man he had befriended as a big brother. Morgan was a friend of the young man, I think.

• 08/04/2016 at 10:29 pm

I can't speak for the rest of the crew but I have personally worked with marty and he is the real deal. They don't mention it in the show but a lot of these guys have real jobs off the show. Marty has worked for decades as an Alaska Smokejumper parachuting into remote Alaskan forests to put out wildfires and only recently left that job to become a full time bush pilot. It is too bad that those of you out there don't even know half of the real story. about a decade ago before marty had his own plane, he would get dropped off at his trapping cabin near the black river and not see anyone for months. well during one of these winters he had part of his intestine rupture and ended up walking for almost 80 miles to the next nearest trapper who got him flown out to the hospital. 40 below zero ruptured intestine, 80 mile hike. Nothing more to say!

• 12/07/2016 at 10:10 am

Totally agree. Marty is a wilderness genius.

• 08/05/2016 at 2:16 pm

These guys paint a neat story, but they are not the real deal. No true mountain man would sell out to reality tv.

• 08/05/2016 at 2:16 pm

One of my favorite shows!! A must in our house each week! I love to watch Tom& his wife..I'd love to live there! We have actually looked into moving to Montana! I am a naturalist..love the outside..amazing show ..keep Mountain Men and Women on!!! Nancy is as good as the men.. & love to see her cooking ways! Good to see the real world..tired of all the crime shows and murders in this world. We need more off these kinda shows!

• 08/19/2016 at 3:52 pm

Roberts, he has a webpage, read up on him and Conway, you will be amazed!!!

• 08/22/2016 at 4:37 pm

After living in the wide open spaces, who would want to live 15' from the house next door. Tom would have to trap gators just to keep breathing.

• 08/22/2016 at 4:38 pm

Morgan Is totally FAKE… His walk in with nothing. Now he has more livestock, and all these modern tools, when after the walk in he was was just hoping he didn't miss his air drop. Now it's like there must be stores close by… give me a break…

• 08/22/2016 at 4:39 pm

Tom trapping the Snake River. They said he made 2000 dollars with 6 beaver and one mink. NO WAY! 125 at the most. Then they showed a under spring trap under water (when Tom missed the beaver twice). Then they showed him re setting a double long spring trap. When they set the traps, the water was high. When they checked the traps, the water was low but the traps were at water level. Doesn't make sense.

• 08/28/2016 at 3:18 pm

You have a remote that came with your tv you should use it and turn the channel .my parents always told me if you don't have anything good to say about people just keep your mouth shut bc you wouldn't want someone talking bad about you

• 08/28/2016 at 3:18 pm

I love watching Marty all these people with a bad attitude about these mountain men I'd like to see any of you do what they do and go through what they go through I bet 99% of you would throw in the towel after one day just following them .we love all the mountain men .

• 08/31/2016 at 7:17 pm

We met Jason Hawk and his family in Ariz. Last year. They lead a very simple life. His father Jim was a master carver (he died this year) his wife Mary makes beautiful mesquite furniture and Jason has forged knifes since he was 10. He is a 4th generation master carver. He was on the reality show No Mans Land in 2014. He has taken at risk kids and given them a little boot camp of survival. Nice people. The real deal.

• 09/06/2016 at 4:42 pm

I'd say they can take on anything. I had an uncle like them , he was borne in 1895 .they run that 100 plus year saw mill and now the other 100plus planner.. there are no parts for them . Read the bios on these guys , there are no phonies in this group. only one not a mountain man is the retired logger , likes to trap more like a hobby , but hells bells he survived 35 years logging and he's worth $ 500,000.00

• 09/08/2016 at 10:00 pm

If Morgan had to walk to his property,how did he get his horses there?

• 09/10/2016 at 1:59 pm

Agree. I stopped watching because of the repetition 45 minutes. 30 minutes of actual footage.

• 09/15/2016 at 3:45 pm

Right on, I totally agree with that statement. Just seems like many here are just haters and jealous. These are humble good men and I wish them all the best and may they prosper heavily. They deserve it.

• 09/16/2016 at 3:04 pm

Every year around labor day weekend. They hold a huge mountain man rendezvous in Fort Bridger Wyoming. On Season 1 or 2 it shows Tom shaving his beard and packing up to go there and sell his wares.

• 09/16/2016 at 3:05 pm

My wife and I love watching the mountain men show. Just wish there were more episodes each season. Tom and Nancy are my wife's favorites. Hope one day to make it up to the Yakk and get some of Tom's mountain products.

• 09/16/2016 at 3:05 pm

Yes rt I think so to he is good at playing to camera.But Marty and Tom real deal but things are also staged for them also

• 09/16/2016 at 3:06 pm

Are u kidding when he built the gate for his she'd u could head a chicken in background ya rt he was low on food.Most of the show is fake the guys,are real show is fake.

• 09/17/2016 at 5:44 pm

how old is rich lewis and how long has he been hunting the big cats?

• 09/17/2016 at 5:44 pm

I love all these guys and respect their hard work ethic, but I can't figure out what Rich is doingon this show. As far as I can figure out he HUNTS big cats in Montana. He runs them up a tree then gathers up his dogs and goes home. How does this help ranchers. Does he think if he trees a lion that lion will think "I better not mess with Rich and his dogs. They'll tree the hell out of me and go home"

• 02/17/2017 at 2:38 am

I have thought the same thing. All I can figure is they do not want to show him killing cougars. I have never seen him trap or shoot a cougar.

• 09/18/2016 at 2:31 pm

I believe most of these guys were the real deal. There making more money than they've ever made now, so no doubt the show is fake. It's still entertaining!

• 09/22/2016 at 8:56 pm

Even in Italy I see on TV MOUNTAIN MAN since 3/4 yrs. Great show. The person I like most is Marty (not only for his italian roots), followed by Rich lewis and Tom Oar. In these days I am seeing again the first serie. !!
    Hello to everybody from Rome – Italy
    Matteo

• 09/25/2016 at 2:10 pm

Yep there's no way any human can hike 250 miles and eat the required caloric intake off 13 lbs of dried goat meat. Being previous military a 20 mile hike in warm weather requires at least 5000 calories at a min to keep you're energy up.

• 10/03/2016 at 8:46 pm

I've know Preston and his wife Kathleen almost my whole life. They were both teachers for the Wilkes Co. school system and are staples of the community. Him and his wife have always done cool things like canoe from the mountains of NC to the ocean and I remember Mrs. Roberts telling us in school about a time they simply decided to live in tepees for a bit. They have very successful careers but chose to embrace a style of living that is their own. Their son is one of my good friends and we spent a lot of time at each other's houses and the didn't have television for the longest time so he would stay up all night watching tv and playing video games because he didn't have any at home at the time. They have computers and Internet now but I'm pretty certain they got it for the educational benefits itnoffered their children more so than any entertainment factor. The Roberts live in an old church and it's a beautiful home. His workshop is filled with hundreds upon hundreds upon hundereds of old saw blades that he turns into knives. I get frustrated when I see people make vulgar insinuations about Preston's relationship with Eustace. Preston is a devoted husband and despite the attention Mountain Men has brought he hasn't let it change him in the least. At the end of the day he is a man who thrives on teaching and passing his skills and knowledge onto as many people as he can. His wife Kathleen is the same way. They are good salt of the earth people and every time I see him on TV it makes me happy because it couldn't have happened to a better person.

• 12/19/2016 at 1:53 pm

Excellent insight, thank you

• 10/04/2016 at 1:20 pm

It certainly appears to me that Preston is the go to guy for Eustice. If preston were not on the show to lead with most of the segments i don't see how Eustice could possibly do any of the projects that are featured on the show. The temperment of Eustice and his lack of 'People skills' would definitely hamper the making of the show. Preston is the 'REAL DEAL' and has his hands full pulling Eustaces', you know whats, out of the fire. They Both appear to be real charactors and good friends with a vast knowledge concerning repair and operation of ancient equipment long ago out of date.

• 12/02/2016 at 4:18 pm

When and how did Morgan horses and a dog to his remote location? I followed where he trekked across the outback to reach the property he purchased and saw the episode when he received his first “air drop”. The next thing I know he is looking for food for his horses.

• 12/05/2016 at 6:35 pm

Really enjoy The show, especially Marty.. only thing that seems way far fetched is the fur prices the commentator says they get. I’ve been trapping in Northern Saskatchewan for over 30 years as a hobby, so have a pretty good idea what fur is worth!

• 12/08/2016 at 10:31 am

As someone else has quoted apart from Tom Oar the rest of the Mountain Men look as though they could do with a high pressure steam clean !!. There is always plenty of water around in each episode so a dip and a pair of scissors would not go amiss to tidy themselves up.

• 01/11/2017 at 10:55 pm

Marty is my favorite. I live in the south and trap every winter. Marty is a good writer, has been named trapper of the year by ATA, as has Heimo Korth of Last Alaskans. Marty put on a cabin building workshop a year ot two ago outside Fairbanks I wish I could have gone to. Maybe it’s an annual thing. Reasonable too…less than $200 and included lunch both days I think. He wrote a good article about snow mobiles which can be found on the ATA website. The fur prices on the show seem a little steep but if Tom’s tanning them himself he will get more than selling them dry. I like all the guys and gals. Eustace works on my nerves a little but I really like Preston.

• 02/01/2017 at 4:18 pm

We are totally lost. Have been faithfully following the show this past year and now on 1/28/17 we have Morgan trekking a long distance to arrive at his property. What happened to the home he was in all this past season and his horses and the tree house he just built to store food and grain in?????
    Seems like that part of the episode must be a repeat.

• 02/04/2017 at 5:27 pm

People who have never even camped want to comment on someone’s outdoor expertise. Funny.

• 03/11/2017 at 6:44 pm

Oh for goodness sake just sit back and enjoy the show!! Love Tom and Nancy and all the folk that participate. I agree it is very refreshing not to have to listen to violence and crime. One of the few shows you can watch and not have to worry if children or others walk in the room…in my mind they are the real deal ! A favorite show!

• 03/16/2017 at 10:17 pm

I would LOVE to be able to have a few days “Tag Along”, watch, work, help, All In… with Tom, Marty or Really Any of them. I’ve often thought how these Mountain Men should get together to see if they could work out ‘Working experience, tourist assistance experience paid packages” I Personally would pay 10 times the amount to be part of their daily life v’s a 5 day cruise ship… The 1st few seasons they all seemed strapped for cash & I thought perfect solution could be this.
    See even us young Aussie girls would pay exorbitant amounts to live & work with these Fabulous USA Mountain Men for a couple of days. (my favourite Tom 🙂
    Regardless, I wish them all financial success, health & happiness

• 03/17/2017 at 11:29 pm

I enjoy watching the show, but anything can be nit picked. If someone put “heaven” on Trip Advisor, somebody would have something to complain about.

I really like Kyle and his son in New Mexico. He is a really good horseman but he is mostly concerned about his son’s safety. That horse his son rides would rather drop dead than do anything to hurt that kid. There are a whole bunch of nuances that if you do not know about horses and being out in the real country would not pick up. I know some people think that 45k acres in New Mexico means he is rich, not so. It takes so much land to run a cow there that it is a smaller to average sized ranch to squeak out a living. His son is probably home schooled. Most kids who live out like that are. Before they had home schooling, the mother would move into town so the kids could go to school.

Tom and Nancy are cool. I just think it is funny that they never show much of their house. He didn’t get the money to build that out of making knives.

Of course they are not going to show the killing of a cougar or mountain lion on the show. I could just hear the screaming and lawsuits now! He is a real hand and really loves his dogs. Tracking is an art and you can teach someone the basics, but not the ability to be great at it. Either you have it or you don’t, he has it.

We have a cattle ranch. Our son and I went to town today and there is another housing boom in our part of CA. We drove by these houses that were in the developments and some that were on five acres. We both agreed that a fate worst than death would to live in the burbs. We both knew because we both lived in town while we were in college. We both thought that it would be cool to be able to get pizza delivered or not have to drive 20 plus miles to get to a town. We both figured out quickly that it was not for us. My husband couldn’t figure out why when our son went off to college, that he didn’t want to live out of town. We had numerous friends who had ranches that he could have put a trailer on. My husband grew up in the burbs, but I knew exactly why our son wanted to live in town. The new wore off that one really quickly, as it did for me.

The only one I think is a “phony”, is the new guy who hiked to his property his just purchased. He has money from somewhere supporting him. He seems to have some mental issues and his family are probably just happy that he has found somewhere that he is happy.

I find the show entertaining, but like all TV, I take it with a grain of salt.

• 03/27/2017 at 2:49 pm

I knew Kyle bell many years ago. He’s the real deal tough guy with a soft heart plan to go visit them soon

• 11/27/2017 at 5:31 pm

Just watching an episode where they claimed they milled their own lumber. You could definitely see they were using pressure treated wood to nail together. What is that about!

What's Your Opinion?