Life Below Zero

Cast of “Life Below Zero” Net Worth

Alaskan Reality Show on National Geographic Channel
Cast of Life Below Zero Net Worth
Life Below Zero Cast Member Sue Aiken’s
surviving Alaska on Her Terms

The Alaskan Reality Show “Life Below Zero” seen on National Geographic Channel is quickly becoming a huge success in the TV ratings. Unlike other Reality Shows like the Alaskan Bush People where you’re always questioning what’s real, in Life Below Zero there’s no doubt the cast of Alaskan Bush People is the real deal. The Life Below Zero Show covers five sets of Alaskans living life on their terms near the Arctic Circle. There’s no nearby towns for the cast and filming crews to retreat after a hard days work but must co-exist with these families deep in the Alaskan Bush.

The cast of Life Below Zero net worth varies considerably, but all continue to climb with every successful episode National Geographic airs. The cast living the Alaskan Dream include outdoor survivalists Erik and Martha May Salitan, Sue Aikens, Glenn Villeneuve, Andy and Kate Bassich, and Chip and Agnes Hailstone.

Net Worth of Life Below Zero Reality Stars

Erik and Martha May Salitan’s Net Worth

Erik Salitan and his wife Martha May run a very popular Alaskan Guide service called “ Bushwhack Alaska Guiding and Outfitting” along with a world class Sports Fishing and Bear Watching Talarik Creek Lodge in Iliamna, Alaska. When Salitan first moved to Alaska at eighteen years old, He lived the primitive life in a shelter with no floor and survived mostly off the land. Now a registered guide and bush pilot, the Salitan’s make a healthy living in Alaska living their American Dream. Erik and Mary Mat Salitan’s Net Worth is estimated over $400,000.00 including the equity built into the Talarik Creek Fishing Lodge with million dollar views.

Sue Aiken’s Net Worth

Sue Aikens has run the Kivik River Camp deep in Alaska for the past thirteen years. It’s located 197 miles from the Arctic Circle and only a few miles from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The one stipulation why Sue can continue running the Kivik River Campout in the middle of nowhere is it “must be successful” during a short period. The majority of Aikens income is made from June through September before winter sets in and blocks Her off from the rest of the world. The camp offers one-of-a-kind self-guided Hunting and Fishing trips along with Aviation Services including selling gas. A gallon of gas costs over $10 a gallon when available. Rates to stay at Kivik River Camp cost $350 per day or $4500 per person for an entire week. Space is very limited and usually sells out on a first-come-first-served basis.

Sue Aikens net worth is estimated over $500,000.00 mostly invested in equipment to run Kivik River Camp along with Her very impressive collection of Firearms. When the camera crew for Life Below Zero flies out to Kivik River Camp, they bring their tents and set up camp on the property. As Sue say’s, “They also bring their own Safety Dude for protection.”
Sue Aikens on FaceBook (Over 18,000 “Likes”)
Twitter

Andy and Kate Rorke Bassich’s Net Worth

Andy and Kate Rorke Bassich run a survival school and dog mushing school called “Alaska Yukon Adventures right on the Yukon River. Andy Bassich first moved to Alaska in 1980 and spent 20 years as a riverboat captain before living a permanent, sustainable lifestyle. In 2003 Andy met Kate Roake for the first time while working on the Yukon River in the famous town of Dawson City. According to the Alaska Yukon Adventure website, it costs $2500.00 per person, per week, or couples $2000.00 per week. There you can live the Alaskan Adventure learning all about dog sledding, and mushing expeditions with the Bassich’s two dozen experienced dogs. Interestingly, Andy and Kate also have another website at

There you can live the Alaskan Adventure learning all about dog sledding, and mushing expeditions with the Bassich’s two dozen experienced dogs. Interestingly, Andy and Kate also have another website at “AlaskaYukonAdventures.net” offering a “Life Below Zero Bush Lifestyle Camp.” You think Andy and Kate have an exciting lifestyle living Life Below Zero? We’ll now you can take the hardest working vacation of a lifetime for the same prices listed above. From the money earned (and saved) on the Life Below Zero Show, along with running the survival school and dog mushing adventures, Andy and Kate Bassich net worth is at least $250,000.00 as near as we can tell at this time.

UPDATE:
It looks like Kate finally had enough living Life Below Zero after a dozen years with Andy and, unfortunately, may have left the Show. This does give an entirely new look into what it takes living in the Alaskan Bush all alone. But for Andy’s sake, I hope He somehow wins Her back. Maybe this time Andy will give Kate all the credit she deserves but rarely received IMO.
FaceBook
Twitter

Glenn Villeneuve’s Net Worth

Glenn Villeneuve is an Alaskan survivalist living a subsistence lifestyle like no one else in the History of Reality TV. When becoming a cast member for “Life Below Zero” it wasn’t Glen’s idea sharing his vast knowledge living in the Alaskan Wilderness 65 miles from the Arctic Circle. In fact, He never saw a reality show in his life. What Villeneuve did have was a reputation in Fairbanks, Alaska for being gone and living a sustainable lifestyle all alone for up to 15 months at a time. The producer’s for Life Below Zero eventually found Glenn when he finally decided to come back to civilization. At f

What Villeneuve did have was a reputation in Fairbanks, Alaska for being gone and living a sustainable lifestyle all alone for up to 15 months at a time. The producer’s for Life Below Zero eventually found Glenn when he finally decided to come back to civilization. At first Villeneuve was not interested having a filming crew following him around the Alaskan Bush, but seeing a way increasing his net worth while living a subsistence lifestyle, Glenn wisely accepted National Geographic’s offer. Perhaps the greatest motivation Glenn had for becoming an Alaskan Reality Star wasn’t the money; He already lives a Million Dollar Lifestyle every day of the year, but for his two Kid’s residing in Fairbanks. One of the few modern technologies Villeneuve always brings to the Bush 65 miles from the closest road is a satellite phone so that He can talk to his Son and Daughter on a regular basis.

Glenn Villeneuve’s Net Worth can not be measured in money alone, but in the financial freedom living this fantastic lifestyle in Alaska. Little is known about Glenn’s current net worth, but one thing is for sure, He doesn’t spend any money when living His Life Below Zero.
Follow Glenn Villeneuve on Facebook
Twitter

Chip and Agnes Hailstone’s Net Worth

Chip and Agnes Hailstone live a very exciting Alaskan Lifestyle migrating to new locations depending on the season. Along with their seven kids, the Hailstone’s survive Life Below Zero like the Inupiaq have since the beginning, and which Agnes is a full-blooded member. When Chip first met Agnes over 25 years ago in Novik, Alaska, it was a match made to survive even the harshest of conditions. A lot of people seem curious about Agnes’s Tattoo on Her chin that is a Great Honor to have within the Inupiaq Tribe. Many viewers of Life Below Zero also wonder why Chip never does any of the hunting on the Show, and always Agnes and Her Daughter’s responsible for harvesting the Big Game for their subsistence lifestyle. I’m not going to get into that other than say it involves a situation with the Alaskan State Troopers dating back to 2011.

I suppose that reason and the legal Hunting and Fishing rights belonging to Agnes’s Inupiaq Heritage has a lot to do with what Chip can legally do supporting the Hailstone’s way of living off the land. It’s hard to imagine living that type of a lifestyle far away from civilization and not legally being able to carry a firearm. Fortunately, his wife Agnes, and some of the Hailstone Kid’s are always armed to protect the Family while living Life Below Zero.

Chip and Agnes Hailstone’s Net Worth is estimated over $250,000.00 mostly contributed to their frugal ways of spending money only for needed supplies. There’s 101 way’s for the Hailstone Family to take advantage of their celebrity status and add to their current networth like a few of the other Stars on “Life Below Zero” do. But when you’re already living the Alaskan Dream hunting and fishing the Inupiaq ways, money itself has very little value.

268 thoughts on “Life Below Zero

• 08/07/2015 at 1:58 pm

wow…..love these shows!!!! and the people on them. Really understand on a smaller scale how much work goes in to living this kind of lifestyle. great people… and what a CREW!!! They are working….. Many Blessings to ALL…

• 12/14/2016 at 9:59 am

I will never watch this show again. The husband let a poor old fox go when he saw it eating scraps. The wife killed it anyway for no good reason, stating it would make a good hat.

• 12/21/2016 at 2:09 pm

Hi
        I understand how you feel it bothered me also. Then I thought about their lifestyle and in Alaska the fur industry is still big business. If you grow up only living that lifestyle you don’t see the fox as anything but income. I have deer and turkeys, breeding turkeys in my yard that are wild, I don’t feed them or hunt them because I didn’t grow up in that lifestyle plus I’m an animal lover and would rather watch them through A pair of binoculars. But I’m sure if I grew up in a family of hunter/gatherers it would be different.

• 12/25/2016 at 8:31 pm

Oh boo who get over yourself , you most likely have a hat , gloves or some piece of clothing from some animal , I love there way free to do and take care by ways you will never know
        Mariner

• 02/19/2017 at 11:07 am

I agree let them live the way want

• 01/03/2017 at 1:57 am

What do you think foxes do to wild life you tree hugging dumbarse ? Harden up.

• 01/24/2017 at 5:32 pm

I understand hunting for survival. Half of this is anything but. Harden up. Love to meet you.

• 04/12/2017 at 12:58 am

I admire everyone on this show.
          Eat, sleep and work.
          Love, live and laugh!
          That’s a large part of Alaskans in the bush.
          I’m not talking about the Brown family that’s a given.

• 04/06/2017 at 7:43 pm

Do you NOT eat meat at all?
        Do you have ANY IDEA how our industrialized food supply treats livestock?
        Hamburger?
        It’s common for cows to be beat over the head with a baseball bat and skinned alive for that McDonald’s hamburger you just ate.

Vegtables screaming as they are ripped from the ground by their roots!!!

• 04/18/2017 at 9:26 pm

Vegetables screaming from the ground…awesomely stupid. Out of curiosity, where do you get your food?

• 04/14/2017 at 6:45 am

the fox will be used to make something, then will be bartered with for gas or food or who knows.

• 04/16/2017 at 11:19 pm

In their environment, making a good hat is a good reason!

• 10/05/2015 at 12:33 pm

Fantastic show. Would like to see more behind the scenes. Sue is especially entertaining. Enjoy the Hailstones also. Show us more of those two segments. Sue and the Hailstones.

• 11/01/2016 at 6:00 pm

My husband calls Sue “his girl”. We love this show, but miss Kate

• 04/04/2017 at 9:13 am

I agree about sue and Kate, love them both

• 02/07/2017 at 6:09 pm

I agree,I especially love sues little quips and and 1liners,ya know,I think I’d watch a show just of sue.this is 1of my fave reality shows.

• 04/11/2017 at 10:56 pm

Yes, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE Sue Aikens! She is soooo incredible! She is so wonderfully entertaining, has a natural wit, sense of humor and hard work ethic. We need to see much more of her!!!

• 10/08/2015 at 2:01 pm

My two favorite are the hailstones and sue love the show would like more segments on them both

• 10/14/2015 at 12:42 pm

I would like to see Sue write a book with all her "sayings" in it. She could call it "Words of Wisdom". She tells it like it is and I love it!

• 04/11/2017 at 10:58 pm

I I agree, Sue talks in “idioms”, much like my mother did, fascinating! Go, Sue, go!!!!

• 10/28/2015 at 1:17 pm

I love love love love love the show it is fascinating in every aspect. And I can't wait for the Next Show the following week and I hate it when they go into hiatus. What I don't know and cannot figure out how I missed it is the reason that Kate Rorke Bassich Came back does anybody know what brought her back to the show?

• 12/07/2016 at 9:31 am

Wait, Kate’s back?!
      That would be great if it’s true.
      I know men are sometimes clueless to reading their women, but honestly couldn’t he see that his impatient nature was wearing on their relationship? I rarely saw him give her any credit or thanks for her assistance. It’s a tough life there and having an extra pair of hands, plus companionship should count for something. Just my observation.

• 12/25/2016 at 8:58 pm

I agree with you a 100% . I wondered myself why he always acted that way. I would have left him long before she did. I liked her and I miss seeing her.

• 04/02/2017 at 7:29 pm

U would have left nobody…saddlebags

• 04/21/2017 at 8:35 pm

Well if she had done what he asked instead of not listening maybe things would have been different. He would ask her to do something and she was in la la Land hello.

• 02/07/2017 at 6:12 pm

Touchee,couldn’t agree more.

• 11/21/2015 at 10:54 pm

you can see the residents benefit monetarily from the show, in some ways making their lives easier … new machines and equipment

• 11/25/2015 at 10:21 pm

Glenn Villeneuve should take some of that squirreled money of his and take shooting lessons . Especially learn how to hit the broad side of a barn with the pump shotgun. lol

• 01/27/2017 at 4:42 pm

First time I saw Glenn on this show, I thought, wow if this guy survives ‘himself’…can’t seem to shoot or spear a fish. I don’t see hard rough calluses on hand or feet…..meh….get the ‘city boy’ vibe for some reason and he’s out for an adventure with cameras around. Weird vibe!

• 11/27/2015 at 10:12 pm

They would have us believe Glenn hikes 65 miles to and from town but blowing through that many 12 ga. shells to get 3 ducks leads me to believe he's now being re-supplied with C-130 airdrops.

• 10/12/2016 at 11:31 am

Good point. I wondered how he got his ammo. He says he’s 200 miles from civilization.

• 12/02/2015 at 6:55 pm

seems like we lost a character, he married a native and was a guide. now the new guy is near civilization, has a truck and you can see a bridge in the back ground, don't understand why chip can not hunt when the others can to survive, maybe it depends on location?

• 11/29/2016 at 6:41 pm

Chip had a temporary judicial charge against him. I think it was a purgary charge. The way he explains it, it was pretty innocent and in most states he wouldn’t have been charged. He explains it on the episode where he has to rebuild his black powder gun.

• 12/27/2016 at 9:56 pm

Chip has a “conviction”. Same laws here. No firearms except muzzle loading!

• 12/29/2016 at 4:08 pm

There was a disagreement with the police and one of his family members. Chip reached out to protect him/her and was charged with assault because I believe he interfered with the officer. IE.he was being protective and they nailed his ass.

• 04/26/2017 at 1:59 pm

No, he was charged with perjury, not assault. Geez, way to make stuff up.

• 12/09/2015 at 6:17 pm

I am no fan of the Hailstone's and if you know anything about hunting you'll know why. There is no reason for them to slaughter those Carribu, Moose and other animals that swim across some of the rivers and waterways where they live. If myself or any Hunter in the Lower 48 would get caught doing that we would loose our guns and do a few years behind bars. They also rob bird eggs from the nests when the birds aren't on them. After one hunt for these eggs they were sitting around their camp site laughing about how easy they can get the eggs and counted and bragged about the 175 that they stole from the nests. Now don't get me wrong, they don

• 11/01/2016 at 7:13 pm

I had a pastor who did missionary work in Alaska in the 1940’s his and his wife’s story is amazing and he said they along with the Alaskan natives would collect bird eggs from the rocks along the water it was all they had the weather was to harsh for chickens.

• 12/03/2016 at 4:59 pm

I agree totally. Unlike others, the Hailstones don’t seem to have the respect for life and nature. They often club to death all of the animals they can, not just what they need. The egg robbing was quite telling.

• 12/20/2016 at 8:09 pm

Then why don’t you watch the Disney channel?

• 12/27/2016 at 9:54 pm

The road to Walmart was closed numb skull!

• 12/09/2016 at 6:03 pm

I love the Hailstones. They are hunting for survival. Not like these “hunters” where I live that hunt for fun and trophies. Unlike these other comments, the only segments I don’t care for is drama queen Sue. Sorry Sue. I love this show for many reasons but
      the best one is it probably makes Peta shit themselves. Wished I’d of went there 33 years ago. Oh well.

• 04/08/2017 at 8:06 am

“Drama queen Sue” LMAO!
        So true.

• 12/13/2016 at 10:51 pm

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about the hailstones. You hit the nail on the head papa mike. What they do and the way they do it is so unethical. Would love to see them go off the show.

• 12/18/2016 at 10:48 pm

The reason the Hailstones can do what they do as regards hunting in an “illegal manner” is because as people from one of the original Alaskan tribes, they are governed by special laws that allow them to continue the lifestyles of the tribes they come from so that the old ways of surviving are not lost on the next generations.

During the egg gathering, they claimed that by taking the eggs early on, the birds will lay more and thus their gathering won’t decimate the bird populations. I do know this to be true of birds when their nests are raided early during mating season.

However, if the wife is the one who killed the old fox who was eating scraps, while the husband let it live (missed this episode,) I find it sad that she could not have as much compassion as he did and killed it to make a freaking hat! (But then I love foxes!)

• 02/08/2017 at 12:09 pm

I agree about the Hailstones, but one of the episodes they stated they were getting so much meat for the elders in the village, and those who couldn’t hunt, don’t know if that is true or not.

• 12/20/2016 at 6:32 pm

You have no idea how many years those tribes have been doing that very thing. They but very little from any store. They have a hard time surviving but they fight for the life they love. You Go love in that village foe one year.and see what you do to survive. They are very respective of the animals they hunt and father from. They don’t destroy habitat or crowd out animals or bird’s by humanizing the area. Be educated of whom you are critiquing before you start with the ignorant statementsn

• 12/24/2016 at 4:56 pm

I totally agree with you and add for eggs and all the animals don’t you realise Agnes has it in built to provide not only for her family but all her family members who are not so lucky or are disabled or even others in the tribe right down to neighbours. Some people just don’t think. I suspect her chin tattoo makes her an. elder in her tribe or some sort of chief.

• 12/21/2016 at 5:43 pm

I’m sure the people filming would not be breaking any laws by filming this if it were not Kosher.

• 12/25/2016 at 8:28 pm

Chicken eggs are taken from right under them. If you eat eggs, you eat eggs.

• 12/27/2016 at 9:51 pm

It’s called subsistence living idiot! Plus the fact indigenous people have rights that others do not. I doubt very much that you live in an area that you can’t go to super market for your food. They have a large family that they must supply with food! I believe they are a family of 7-8.

• 04/11/2017 at 9:14 pm

7 kids so 9. But they have other family members living with them for a total of 15-18 in the house and they provide food for all of them!

• 01/17/2017 at 7:30 pm

its a way of life for the eskimos and she is one, so get off your high horse I am sure you live in the city.

• 03/27/2017 at 3:55 pm

I agree totally….shooting swimming hoofs is a discusting act of so called hunter…..I cringe watching that….plus I just don’t buy the subsistence theory …..seems a little too easy to claim as such when having all manner of transportation sat phones,sat television with hydro….just sayin

• 03/29/2017 at 7:57 am

I agree with you papa Mike, the way they slaughtered the caribou in the river was disgusting. Chip couldn’t stab them fast enough. Also when they were taking the eggs Chip said they only take what they need but they never take too many that it would harm the bird population. What a joke when they’re laughing about stripping bare every nest they came upon. Then they had the girls clubbing the ducklings to death and Agnes laughed and said ‘we call them cup a soups as that’s all they’re good for’, what an absolute joke. I started off liking the Hailstone family because they were teaching the right kids how to do things for themselves but now it seems they’re just teaching them to slaughter and plunder any animal they come across.

• 04/08/2017 at 12:55 pm

I agree with that! I was disgusted by the way they shot down the swimming Caribou! They killed a lot of Caribou in that one attack. I think they are both psychopaths, Chip and Agnes, and they talk in a nasty tone to one another at times – and Chip mostly talks about himself!
        Why they are on the show is a mystery to me… Eric Salatin, Sue Aikens and the others are great to watch, but not the Hailstones! They are really the odd couple…

• 04/17/2017 at 5:58 am

I personally am the other way, I think the Hailstones make the show.

• 03/29/2017 at 8:04 am

I am a great fan of the Hailstones. They live in a different world where life means doing what you have to do to survive. I don’t see disrespect. They don’t shoot caribou in the water for sport, or raid nests for eggs, a club a goose during the molt. They do these things for the food for the whole family to survive in the winter. If anyone has a culture clash, don’t watch the show.

• 04/05/2017 at 5:40 pm

You are judging the Hailstones by your lifestyle….. as a resident of the lower 48 and a “sport” hunter. Its like comparing apples to oranges. This family has indigenous rights in NWT to live their traditional subsistence life on their traditional land, according to their own set of tribal standards. It makes more sense to select your animal and take it in the water, because you are less likely to take a breeding cow, or wound an animal that you have to chase across the tundra and maybe never find it. As to the egg hunt this is traditional and it doesn’t impact wildlife numbers when done early in the season. You might also note food costs average $600 a week in the North, eggs are $4 – $5 a dozen. You can keep these eggs all winter by coating in wax and keeping in a cool, dark place. The subsistence lifestyle is the way of life for most up North because work is very seasonal and the average income is $19,000 a year for most natives. So don’t judge others by your lifestyle down their in the lower 48. I lived this lifestyle in the North for 20 years in my youth, and this program brings back fond memories.

• 04/05/2017 at 5:55 pm

They do what they need to do to stay alive..and thrive. Unlike You CITYSLICKERS that can go to the grocery store and buy your EGGS…If you don’t like how they collect their food, change the channel dumbass

• 12/11/2015 at 12:33 pm

She's back? I haven't seen her…..

• 12/11/2015 at 12:34 pm

I'm a hunter as well BUT most of my food comes from the grocery store, probably yours does as well. What they are doing is not so much hunting as it is surviving….. you moron.

• 10/25/2016 at 9:57 pm

lol he just don’t get it lol this is how they eat hes a dumb ass

• 12/11/2015 at 12:35 pm

I disagree. I grew very weary of her melodramatic ways and silly one liners. I have been fast forwarding through her segments on the show since season 2. I have no idea whats going on with her and don't care. I feel she enjoys the camera just a little too much.

• 04/05/2017 at 5:59 pm

Lol..thats funny. I fast forward through her god awful segments also.. Soap Opera Sue!!

• 04/10/2017 at 8:45 am

I agree! Glen and the Hailstones are truly living a subsistence lifestyle.
      I really admire Glen and how he starts a fire without matches! I’ve tried it, and I couldn’t do it.
      The Hailstones not only support themselves, but also share with others, trade, and take care of their elders.
      They also utilize all parts of the animals they harvest.
      I think these people make the show.

• 04/30/2017 at 6:06 am

Lol. I did the same thing pretty much after season 1 I just been fast forwarding through her. I find her irritating and yes !! What a drama queen !!! Go Hailstones !! Lol

• 12/11/2015 at 10:45 pm

They do seem to leave a large footprint. One family take take take

• 12/13/2016 at 11:00 pm

Why are the hailstones the only cast members shooting caribou in the water. Nobody that is a human being even thinks about shooting swimming animals.

• 12/24/2016 at 5:00 pm

To feed their family like uncles aunts grandparents cousins mothers father’s and tribe members who are not as fortunate and their neighbours. Stop being foolish people.

• 12/13/2015 at 1:13 pm

All the government perks the majority of that family gets being American Indian is less reason for them to leave such a footprint.

• 04/04/2017 at 10:25 am

And what footprint is that you leave every day of your life?!!!??? You moron! The footprint you leave on this earth is exponentially much larger than anything the whole of all the tribes of North America have ever left on this earth! We who live what you consider a “NORMAL” lifestyle are all takers on this earth and give little or nothing back. Before you criticize anyone try living off Gods green earth and we’ll talk.

• 04/17/2017 at 6:06 am

History is not always true.
        My Great grand mother was half native american.
        White General Winfield Scott had her relatives shot when they could no longer keep
        up pace.
        She said natives were not that environment conscience.
        Sometimes hunting using set forrest fires

• 12/14/2015 at 1:47 am

Where is Andy Bassich now? He hasn't been on the show lately????

• 11/15/2016 at 7:28 pm

I enjoy watching the show. Especially the Hailstone Family and Glen. I envy them and their way of life. The program is better than most tv shows.
      Thanks for showing us beautiful Alaska.

• 12/14/2015 at 1:03 pm

Chip is unable to hunt partly because he isnt a Native Alaskan and partly because he is a covicted felon and is unable to handle firearms because of it. There was an episode last season where he speared a caribou swimming next to the boat…

• 12/17/2015 at 12:30 pm

Dude are you really serious? That's how people have to live there, and if you paid attention you would see that they respect the animals and are just trying to eat in a barren place that doesn't have a local supermarket or even a Circle K. Wake up and smell the coffee dude!

• 12/17/2015 at 12:31 pm

I kinda thought Chip Hailstone wasn't using a weapon to hunt and made Agnes do most of the work with a gun cuz he had legal problems. If I had to guess(I'm guessing cuz his answer is evasive)I would think he is an Ex felon,cuz that's one of the few reasons a person cant own or use a weapon, OFC maybe when not filming he does take a few shots I know I would. I was in Alaska for two years in the late sixties and was in Fairbanks when the Chena River flooded the whole town, what a mess and was a pretty tough life for more than six months until things got back to normal. I have never forgotten my time in Alaska and it is with fond memories that I have while watching the show. Alaska is one of the last places in the States where real men live and are one with nature, it sure aint for Girlie men. lol

• 12/18/2015 at 1:48 pm

We were so disgusted when on the episode from 12-1-15 the Hailstones raided ALL the eggs from each nest!! The total came to like 258 eggs! Seems very detrimental to take ALL the eggs out of the nests, leaving nothing to hatch!! Chip seems to be a lazy person that is content to watch her others work!

• 12/24/2016 at 5:11 pm

You are thick they told everyone that if they took the eggs early the birds would lay again shoo no harm done but I bet all of Agnes’s tribe would be grateful for the calcium eggcetra. Lazy having raised 7 daughters who can hunt and fish, perfect. Chip is the man incidentally and can’t hunt due to having a previous charge been made against him. Also the fact he’s not a full tribe member.

• 12/23/2015 at 6:38 pm

Why isn't Andy Bassich on the show anymore?

• 12/26/2015 at 3:14 pm

Double Amen. Her drama queen antics are annoying. everything can kill you up there, getting out of bed, reading the paper, making coffee etc…sigh.

• 12/26/2015 at 3:14 pm

If that's the only eggs you can get then you get what you can get. How many eggs do you eat in a half a year?

• 12/26/2015 at 3:14 pm

I think he is trying to patch things up with Kate.

• 12/26/2015 at 3:15 pm

Not the Anonymous above.

First of all, that's the way the Inupiaq have live for thousands of years. They don't hunt just for themselves. A lot the meat is traded to other folks in the village where they live. They use every part of the animal. They make hats, coats, and jewelry from the animals.

• 12/27/2015 at 2:05 pm

Papa Mike… where do you get your meat and eggs? Do you know that all your eggs are stolen from hens as soon as they are laid? Do you know that your meat are from animal kept in a pen and slaughter without blinking an eye?
    Go live in the wood for a week and see what you will do to survive.

• 12/30/2015 at 1:51 am

I don't miss them at all. They seem out of place and less genuine than all the others. They add little to the shoe.

• 12/31/2015 at 1:39 am

Give her credit for living that life

• 12/31/2015 at 2:03 pm

I raised laying hens. That's different from wildlife that pair up and nest and raise their young. It's against the law to steal eggs here from seagulls. I imagine from other migrating birds too but don't know for a fact. We have seasonal hunting to thin out the numbers but there's a limit. I guess the eskimos have killed seals and whales forever and live off sea mammals. The tribe Agnes belongs in don't farm they say they are opportunists. Chip seems to have $ signs in his head. He talks about how much money his wife and kids get for their crafts. I get a kick out of how he instructs Agnes how to hold her gun or how she's not on target and why she misses so many shots. A backseat driver. I imagine she could teach him alot more than him always telling her how to hold and shoot her gun.

• 10/15/2016 at 8:41 am

They lay eggs ALL THE TIME…and if you watch the episode and comprehend, you will understand that,as they explain why the time they take the eggs does no harm to the species.

You also need to educate yourself on the ways of Alaska and how Native Alaskans are allowed to live…and survive….You are VERY ignorant. Things are very different there than anywhere else in the US.

• 11/30/2016 at 2:49 am

Its very rude and self serving to belittle others. If you want to help educate someone use language that one might listen to

• 12/31/2015 at 2:03 pm

On the show they say that the older boys are Agnes's sons and have last nam Carter. Yet Chip says they are his sons. So whose the daddy and if it's Chip as he says, why aren't they Hailstones like the daughters are?

• 01/05/2016 at 10:23 pm

You missed the point of the conversation. There was no mention of giving or not giving credit regarding the lifestyle.

• 01/06/2016 at 3:47 am

I wish she live her life on another planet. I just can't stand her. She cries the blues on every episode. She thinks she is the only person who has it tough.

• 01/06/2016 at 2:27 pm

My wife and I have watched this show from day one , and studied the lives of Inuit and inupiaq tribes . Chip Hailstone is from Montana from what I researched . He has done nothing but live by the guide lines of an American (that's why he does pull the trigger), his wife Agnes is a true Inupiaq , which gives her the right to live off the land as she deserves . People , please give them a break . THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE !

• 10/15/2016 at 8:46 am

Someone who actually researched and educated themselves!….I wish everyone would take the time to do that!….People are clueless on the ways of the Native Alaskans….The funny thing is, Chip explains that way of life a LOT.

• 01/07/2016 at 3:02 am

My husband can't stand Sue Aikens. He said she's self-absorbed, cynical, and always has a "quip".

• 01/10/2017 at 1:36 pm

Can’t stand her either, she is a lousy shot and is really trying to be a man she should stay at home and raise kids

• 01/08/2016 at 3:19 pm

All of you down talking Chip and his family have NO clue. Have you watched the show? He works his ass off!! He harvests all the wood they use and helps in evwry other aspect of the hunting and fishing. Some of the hunting and fish he may not be able to do because he is not a native. But he is active in every way he can be. He may not pull the trigger but that is due to a legal matter, yes he is a felon but from what I understand is that there was an incident with a state trooper whom he felt was being to aggressive with his daughter and he got into it with the trooper. In my opinion he did what any father would do.

• 10/15/2016 at 8:48 am

Don’t you love the comfy couch critics? None of these people criticizing them could last a week living that lifestyle…..

• 01/08/2016 at 3:22 pm

Chip can't use a firearm because of some kind of an issue over one of his children I read somewhere. He is still considered a felon and cannot use a firearm. He is also not allowed to hunt/fish, as his wife and children are, as he is not a native Inupiaq.

• 01/12/2016 at 1:34 pm

That is the traditional way for those people to eat. A Caribou is not that big of an animal and there are more than enough to go around. As someone else stated, some of that meat is for personal consumption and some of it is for bartering.

Also, while it may seem "unethical" to shoot an animal in the water, the fact is that the animal probably gets a quicker death than if it were shot on land. The people up there are not trophy hunting for sport, they need those caribou to sustain them.

I can guarantee that the Hailstone Family leaves WAY less of a footprint on this planet than anyone who is posting to this Forum from the comfort of their modern home.

I absolutely 100% respect the Hailstone Family. The World would be in much better shape if there were more of them around.

• 01/13/2016 at 3:16 pm

He realizes how tough it is without sweet Kate to assist and bare some of that heavy load. Nobody to bare the brunt of his direspectful wailings. Im sure its tough now, in the wilderness with no one to share the darkness with.

• 01/13/2016 at 3:17 pm

Absolutely, shes always whining why is she there. "Most people get a vacation of two weeks but im doing 365 days no paid vacation". OMG thats your decision Sue!!! . I always fastforward her segments shes very annoying

• 11/30/2016 at 3:02 am

Id take Sue over Andy and those annoying Salitans.

• 01/13/2016 at 3:18 pm

Yep, and if you read what is real about these people and the others on some of the other shows, you will see these are scripted. Sue has actually been married twice… first husband died. She was married to number 2 husband for 17 years. They lived in Oregon. She has two children. Sooooooooooooo, how much is really true.

• 01/13/2016 at 3:18 pm

On tonight's episode, Sue Aikens actually said "Life is just a series of events you overcome!" What a miserable existence she must live…ugh!

• 04/04/2017 at 10:26 am

That statement also applies to all life experiences!

• 01/13/2016 at 3:22 pm

Chip was convicted of perjury after filing a false report against a state trooper. As a convicted felon he lost the right to own or use firearms.

• 12/09/2016 at 6:13 pm

I’m sure those virtuous Alaskan troopers were completely innocent. All cops everywhere are their own gang and the whole state and federal system is geared for them to cover their assets.

• 01/13/2016 at 6:58 pm

I have been wondering where Andy has been too. I have Googled it several ways to try and find out and it comes up with nothing. I think the new person Jesse Holmes may have taken Andy's spot?

• 12/06/2016 at 7:55 pm

Jesse is, well I have nothing to say nice things about him so I will keep my finger still‼️

• 01/13/2016 at 9:59 pm

Andy and Kate split up over a year ago…she was not on last season. Her side of the story was that he was mentally and emotionally abusive and she could not take anymore. Apparently they got some very negative press from people on the Internet about all that. I believe that is why Andy is not on the show anymore either.

• 01/14/2016 at 2:06 pm

If it were miserable for her, she wouldn't be there. Some motivating posters used by HR use very similar wording. Life is a series of events that you overcome, if you plan to achieve any worthwhile goal.

• 01/15/2016 at 3:52 pm

I enjoy this show. I feel Sue is a little goofy, but you have to give credit to her for living the life style she does. I am glad the abuser, Andy Bassich, is off the show, I hope it's permanent. He had a beautiful wife, but treated her worse than his dogs. The Hailstones are great, especially Agnes. I like and envy Glenn's way of life. Eric and Martha seem like good people. For as young as they are, they really have things together, I wish them every success. I think the FNG is a goof. I really don't like his segments on the show.

• 01/17/2016 at 5:20 pm

Have you never heard of step kids

• 01/19/2016 at 8:24 pm

I just wish Glen would keep his clothes on…just saying.

• 12/13/2016 at 11:51 pm

Amen to that! I think he crosses rivers just to take his clothes off lol I just think he’s the real weird one on the show.

• 02/08/2017 at 5:44 am

Have to agree with you , he uses every opportunity to take his clothes off , who else does this , isn’t this family show , we don’t need to see this , we know you bathe ..

• 01/20/2016 at 2:43 pm

Way to much time is spent with Sue Aikens. The producers have chosen her to showcase. Wrong! I guess I would be pissed off if I had to be stuck in isolation 365 days. Andy does nothing but work. Boring! Hailstones are cool and I hope that his felony conviction gets overturned so he can carry a firearm.Jessie is as real as it comes and Martha is real pleasant to the eye. Take Sue off the grid.

• 01/20/2016 at 2:44 pm

Wow a bunch of Internet bullies. Talkin shit about a lady whos paid to describe her life. An she does it well. U talk trash but u cant do what she does. I think shes great an i wanna try to do what she does. Ill work for her any day

• 01/21/2016 at 2:57 pm

None of your business, that's why.

• 01/21/2016 at 2:58 pm

When I first started watching LBZ I thought Sue was the coolest badass but I have to say I am getting tired of her self aggrandizing platitudes.

• 01/21/2016 at 6:22 pm

There is carters that live near the hailstones, I think his name is Tom carter. Well anyway in ep, 3×10 when Jon was late that is one of the people Chip talked too because "This is one of the places Jon would stop before coming to the house". Besides Chip and Agnes have been together a long time, and chip is there father I bet he has been there with Jon since he was small. Blood don't make family!!!

• 01/24/2016 at 1:06 am

I love the show. No mention of the oil money Alaskans get yearly.The Hailstones have 7 kids so, quite lucrative.

• 01/24/2016 at 1:07 am

The best series what I have seen ever. I am hungarian who is living in Poland. I adore all of people of this series . The most interesting fact is that i do not feel any cold when here is the terrible -15C , so I suggest to all here to see the " Life below zero" to have experience what is the real cold. God bless You all.

• 04/10/2017 at 3:01 am

I agree! I live in Romania in a very deep Valley, there is no running water, just a well with hosepipe, we only have road lights for 300 meters, no gas, we live from Butane, It is very often -27C through Winter, this one was really tough as hell, Chimney fire, didn’t help! I do not hunt, but the stores are some 14 Km away.
      Chainsaw and skills make living here possible with only about 10 or so other people for 5 km for about 6 months of the year.

This program makes me feel I can do it after watching what they do, Frankly I wouldn’t have it any other way now. Everyday is a Challenge. You can keep your smoke filled filthy Cities for yourselves lol!

• 01/24/2016 at 1:29 pm

She is a self absorbed pain in the ass
    . If its so agonizing to be her in Alaska leave and try for another reality life in the tropics. No wait …who wants to see this Kodiak in a swimsuit?

• 12/06/2016 at 6:36 pm

And you are a pinup, I suppose? I doubt you would survive 12 hours doing what she does.

• 12/27/2016 at 8:12 pm

That is so mean. People like you is what makes kids bullies. Kids hear their parents slam people and then do it to other kids. I think Sue is funny as hell and a tough women who is trying to survive. Show more love and kindness to pass on to your children

• 01/24/2016 at 1:29 pm

This is one of the few shows that have REAL people living REAL lives. This is what reality tv is supposed to be like. I hope the Hailstone family will someday get clear of their legal woes . Hopefully we'll never see a sign that says "Inuit lives Matter"

• 01/27/2016 at 1:40 pm

Felons can have guns in Alaska seen it on Alaska state troopers

• 12/20/2016 at 7:18 pm

Chip is still on post sentence release. He reports to a probation officer so can not be in control of a firearm until his case is adjudicated. (He was really screwed).

• 02/03/2016 at 4:09 pm

We are English, living in Malta.We absolutely love watching the lives of these people carving a living of the land and sea.All have skills which are learned and remembered for survival.For the Hailstones adaptability is key.Respect to their entire family.Hardworkers and intelligent too.How many of us would work to support our extended family and community.My sister is a millionaire who dare not admit it in case her siblings ask for money.Sad.

• 02/11/2016 at 5:12 pm

They got some bad press about the reason for the split.Mainly about Andy being abusive.

• 02/11/2016 at 5:12 pm

Kate never came back.She is looooong gone finally doing her thing.

• 02/17/2016 at 7:10 pm

Love the show but simple minds are easy to please so what does that say for me.

• 02/25/2016 at 8:19 pm

I love this show! I personally enjoy Sue and especially the Hailstones and Martha!

• 03/08/2016 at 5:37 pm

I'm from hot beautiful sunny South Africa and absolutely love the show. Enjoy watching everyone as they go about their daily chores. Great show.

• 03/11/2016 at 12:43 pm

Amazing criticism. Get a grip and watch real people do real things to survive. All of them aren't perfect like you and like me.
    Love the show!

• 03/11/2016 at 12:43 pm

Please – No apostrophes in plurals.

• 03/31/2016 at 8:32 pm

Yeah, that new snowmobile really helped poor Sue, she has no luck

• 04/07/2016 at 10:47 pm

Ikr, the people who are making these negative comments about Sue,needs to see her for what she is, one tough old broad, and besides its Sue that makes the show, jeep up the good work Sue, I LOVE YOU….ps,for all you talking crap, you wouldn't make it out there for one day, you could never fill her shoes boo…

• 04/09/2016 at 11:34 pm

If you think there is a shortage of seagulls go to the dump or leave your lunch out on your picnic table have you haven't tried either l suggest you do have your wife have the camera ready

• 04/13/2016 at 1:56 pm

Brilliant show, hope there are more episodes to watch

• 04/20/2016 at 7:25 pm

Glen is the real deal……I applaud his attitude towards life and his self-sustaining lifestyle…..

• 10/12/2016 at 11:43 am

Yeah. Not using matches to start a fire in those temps is really impressive. He has tremendous patience. I’m guessing age will catch up eventually and he’ll have to leave. Living there for 15 years already is going to make it a tough transition when that day comes. As long as he’s happy now, more power to him.

• 04/01/2017 at 9:42 pm

Too me Glen is the most interesting I would like to live in the wild and not listen to everybody’s opinion on how to live our lives ps he is not weird we are weird

• 04/20/2016 at 7:26 pm

Martha is the sweetest sexiest woman…..what a true beauty!! And she fishes!!!!

• 04/20/2016 at 7:26 pm

They have benefits from the Federal and state governments as well. They do try to live like their ancestors except with chainsaws and snow machines. They must have internet access because Chip is online sometimes so they have moved on from the way of the past generations. As they should.

• 04/20/2016 at 7:27 pm

Of course I have heard of step children but that's not the what is being told and when people get paid to talk about their reality, then viewers should be able to question to understand them and without viewers, no payday. So why are so many anonymous posters defensive because inquiring minds want to know? They're so upfront about some aspects of life, so why take offense to the little questions viewers ask? Silly paranoid ducks.

• 04/20/2016 at 7:27 pm

I like Jessie. He seems genuine.

And Alaskans do get money for being residents of the state. Not sure how much or if tribal members get special benefits like they do in the lower 48.

• 04/20/2016 at 7:27 pm

I agree with the poster who wrote about Glenn not keeping his clothes on. I imagine they all take baths but they do it without the cameras. Ugh!

• 04/20/2016 at 7:27 pm

I love them all, and I am so impressed with the lives they have carved out for themselves in Alaska! I never miss the show, it's awesome! They are the real deal, and I think some of the mean comments are from folks who are just jealous.

• 04/24/2016 at 12:57 pm

Not any of the Anons previously posting.

These folks live a subsistence lifestyle. There are limits to how many caribu & other animals each family can harvest & everyone on the show complies with these guidelines.

As for the horror over the eggs? I decided to calculate how many eggs our family eats each year. This is a comparable timeframe to that period the Hailstones can get eggs out of nests. Eating about 1 1/2 dozen eggs a week, our entire family of 4 eats, or uses in a recipe, over 900 eggs in a year! The 175 the hailstones snatched out of nests is a measly amount.

• 04/24/2016 at 12:57 pm

Just curious if Glen or Jessie have girlfriends?? Couldn't imagine living that life alone.

• 04/30/2016 at 2:08 pm

How does Glenn earn a living? His clothes, guns, ammunition, cookware, etc. weren't free.

• 04/30/2016 at 2:08 pm

where are Erik and Martha May this season? Very distressed they are missing.

And on the controversy: Hailstones are my favorite, wonderful to see them live off the land and pass down Agnes' traditions, agree Sue's "insights" are hyper melodramatic and annoying, and what happened to her dog?

But, mostly where are the Salatans??

• 05/06/2016 at 12:56 pm

Great show, love the hailstones.Sue is very annoying but tuff as nails gotta respect that.

• 05/06/2016 at 1:03 pm

I have watched LBZ every season…and at first just watched to see what it was about..but soon became familiar with all of them…and liked their various personalities…and lifestyles…They all seemed genuine..and each person brought their own "flavor" to the show..Living that type of existence is surely hard..but they all find their own personal rewards in doing so..Plus the freedom to live that way if one chooses to…I miss seeing Kate on the show…and I miss seeing Andy as well…but life goes on..I hope LBZ continues with many more episodes..I am a great fan of this show..Glen seems really "into" living with nature so much that he seems to think we should ALL be comfortable with his being naked…BUT NOT ALL OF US ARE…perhaps he could "cool it" a bit …We don't need to see his "wild side"…but do enjoy all of his adventures…Really LOVE this show and looking forward to more seasons..

• 05/19/2016 at 2:40 pm

I just saw a movie on YOU TUBE called "Crash Dive" there is a guy in that movie that is Chip Hailstone twin brother or its him some years ago. They even sound alike. Really nuts, Check it out the guys his actor name is "Frederic Forrest"

• 05/19/2016 at 2:40 pm

They have quite a large guide operation now. Probably too busy to do the show as well.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:42 pm

We see way too much of Glen. Literally. We call him the naked Alaskan!

• 05/19/2016 at 2:42 pm

Everything you said so very well put… each person adda their own flavor to the show. Yeah…LOL Glen doesn't have to bare all but sometimes it is a true element of the life. Sue and the Hailstones are my favorites just at you said it as well.. teaching their children the way of life… I likes Kate and if I were here I would have left Andy too… he was such and ass. I don't miss Andy at all

• 05/19/2016 at 2:43 pm

Hailstones and Sue Aikens so awsome. Sue sounds really gruff but it is a grufness that comes from pain. Kudos to the Hailstones for their determination to teach their children their heritage and what it means to have strong family ties. There is so much that can be learned from all of these people. Love their segments the most.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:44 pm

Wow! I've just spent numerous minutes reading all the comments posted thus far. All comments stated have led me to believe this inspired truth: This is a show that brings out the best and the worst in all of us as human beings. Whom, for lack of a better purpose, are still trying to prove our own worth to our own selves. No matter young or old, successful or non, rich or poor, we are undeniably united in the force of Life. The force that requires survival, hope for a better existence and overall acceptance from others in some way. In my personal opinion, I respect the show's participants, one and all, for having the guts to put their lives out there in the conditions they are in. I can't be easy in any way, first things first. Save your judgement for yourself and leave them alone.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:45 pm

I'm also curious as to where my two favorites Erik and Martha were this season. Maybe a baby? Hope they come back. They are so sweet together.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:45 pm

I wish they would just do a show with glen and the hailstones.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:47 pm

The way he looks at the camera when he takes his clothes off is like he's trying to impress someone on the crew. Eww

• 05/19/2016 at 2:51 pm

I guess people DO believe everything they see on TV. Have you ever gone hunting with a TV crew tagging along?

• 05/19/2016 at 2:51 pm

(yet another) Glenn spends the rest of his time in Fairbanks with his kids – he doesn't do this full time, he just pretends he does.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:52 pm

I believe the Hailstones portray as accurate a picture of subsistance living in the arctic as you will find on TV. A large footprint? Not really. Those of us who are used to putting our food by when it's available will realize the amount they use is minimal, especially when you consider that some is given/bartered to others in the village. Stealing eggs? Taking them all? Come on. Many are laid because few survive. The birds will lay more, it's what they do in the spring. Wish I had a way to make my excess eggs last until next spring. I suspect the Hailstones don't see any eggs from Dec to June. Shooting caribou in the water? Taking too many? Not how I hunt, but this ain't hunting, it's making sure you have enough to get by. Our family uses 10-12 whitetail deer a year (which get fat on my corn and soybeans). I try to set up so that I can take 2 or 3 deer the same day and process them quickly into little white frozen packages. The Hailstones are no different, they just hunt a little differently. I suspect taking caribou in the water would result in very few lost.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:55 pm

• 05/21/2016 at 1:26 pm

One of my favorite shows, these folks may be eccentric but that's what Alaska has always been about. To all the trolls dumping on Chip Hailstone: don't know anything about his alleged criminal record, but you can see he is a devoted husband & father. Because he is not a Native like wife Agnes, hunting/fishing is limited in season, type of prey, and method. Native Peoples are allowed to use Alaska's natural resources to continue their age-old subsistence lifestyle. I love seeing Chip & Agnes share their knowledge of the old ways with their kids; as expensive as life is in Alaska, it's not only sensible but ensures that the Native culture continues. Also, Chip has shown repeatedly how the family shares with relatives, neighbors, and the needy, which is a tribal principal, and though they do sell some of Agnes' handicrafts, much of the economy is barter. Fish for gas, fur clothing for seal oil, and so on.

• 05/21/2016 at 1:27 pm

I may have the wrong show but what happened to the Father and 2 sons. One son and wife had a baby. Their names…something like Oscar, Ike and Izzie…can"t remember exactly?

• 05/21/2016 at 1:28 pm

To the person who asked about Sue's dog…. When Sue returned to camp after her 4 month recovery, she stated she had to leave the dog in Fairbanks due to health reasons. In case you're keeping count, the LBZ is officially in season 7 with anywhere from 6 to 13 episodes per season.

• 05/23/2016 at 2:45 pm

This is why I watch Mountain men. Not so much BS drama as these characters. I do like Eirk. He makes the show for me. The rest of the show is so, so. I do enjoy the scenery and hunting part. My parents choose the off the grid lifestyle and are having a blast in the mid 70's. God bless them. Now if i could just get my wife to go with me……………………..

• 05/25/2016 at 1:42 pm

I've seen every episode…Read all of the comments. I guess I could have a million things to respond to, but I initially was just wondering a bit more about Glenn. After watching the most recent episode, season 7 episode 7 "ghosts of winter" Glenn is running with his rifle with what looks to be equipped with a silencer attachment??? If so, why? Also if yes, just curious on his background.

• 11/29/2016 at 12:47 pm

Glen stated in one of the episodes that he equipped his rifle with a silencer to silence his rifle. To protect his hearing.

• 05/26/2016 at 10:53 pm

The hailstones do not seem to honor the animals they kill as other tribes do. They do seem to "enjoy" the kill more than anything. It was chilling watching them laugh as they snapped the necks of those 25 ducks…

• 05/29/2016 at 4:02 pm

"Pretending" is much more than most of us are doing with our lives.

• 06/03/2016 at 12:47 pm

Andy lived peacefully by himself for 20 years in Alaska. Along came Kate, and they probably love each other. But, Kate is her own liberated person. Andy was grumpy at times, and Kate no angel. They just didn't get along. I would very much like to see Andy more often, and if they can get along Kate too. I wonder if Alaska is a community property state?

• 06/06/2016 at 2:14 am

He is a convicted fake felon, only convicted cause he filed a restraining order on a Alaskan State Trooper who assaulted his daughter. The troopers altered the audio recordings to charge him with making false statements, thus on altered "police audio" to a jury got a conviction. I know Police always tell the truth even when they do something wrong. I know Police always tell the truth when there job is on the line. I know police always protect there own. Humm here is the link to chip explaining the innocent, his blog name is Caribou that is Chip http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?311458-Life-Below-Zero/page2

• 06/10/2016 at 2:36 pm

I believe you're thinking of Alaska the last frontier.
    Jane,Yule,Otto,Eve,Charlotte,Bonnie,Atz and Eivin.

• 06/11/2016 at 3:53 pm

The silencer is so he can get off multiple shots, without spooking every animal in the vicinity.

• 06/22/2016 at 1:15 pm

Love the show, Sue rocks, so do all the others. Thanks Natgeo.

• 06/24/2016 at 4:42 pm

I enjoy the show very much. So every person on there has his/her faults. Please show me one person who doesn't have any. I admire anyone who can live that kind of lifestyle in that cooooold place.

• 06/25/2016 at 12:51 pm

For those heaping criticism on Sue, you're showing your lack of emotional intelligence. Sue had a very rough childhood — effectively abandoned to fend for herself at 9 or 10. She had to raise herself. This kind of trauma accounts for her "see me" personality and her quips and seemingly robust ego. It's typical post-trauma behavior and I've known many vets with that exact same bigger-than-life persona. More important, it's what keeps her putting one foot in front of the other and alive. I promise you that 99.9% of the people bagging on her would not last a week wearing her big girl panties and boots. So criticize if you must but it reveals far more about you than she. I admire the hell out of her and she's a living legend.

• 12/29/2016 at 4:30 pm

Perfect response. Sue is like some people I have met except she walks the walk. I admire her work ethic. Her expressions kill me. She could write her own dictionary.

• 06/25/2016 at 12:51 pm

I love the Hailstones too… and l think native Alaskans know how to hunt fair without lessons from the likes of us.

• 06/25/2016 at 12:51 pm

I agree too… the native Alaskans know how to hunt sustainably and should be allowed to as they have for thousands of years. Bless them.

• 06/26/2016 at 10:29 pm

For how long? Filing a restraining order against a state trooper should have shown the seriousness of the situation. I doubt if it had been filed against a regular Joe blow he would not have ended up being a "convicted felon"stripped of all rights to provide for his family. The punishment far out weights the "CRIME"

• 06/26/2016 at 10:29 pm

Not to mention, Sue was almost killed by a bear and left for dead a few years ago. Which one of you would go back to that same lifestyle after that? Not most of us.
    Sue is a 50-something woman, living completely alone in the middle of nowhere. I admire her courage, knowledge and just plain guts. She is to be admired.

• 06/30/2016 at 1:30 pm

The birds will lay more eggs. If a bird nest is raided they will regroup and go at it again.

• 07/12/2016 at 9:29 pm

Its not a silencer, if you look closely you will see tape covering the end of the barrel; the purpose is to avoid water or debris from entering the muzzle. The rifle could blow up if the barrel is plugged. It happened to me once. I believe the attachment is called a flash suppressor.

• 07/26/2016 at 8:57 pm

With people in the world that are as negative as some of you have been, no wonder she's isolated herself from society. You'd probably be crying a lot more than her if you lived and worked
    there.

• 07/26/2016 at 8:57 pm

He also states on his Q&A on his facebook to protect his hearing….its a SRT Shadow XL TI suppressor.

• 07/26/2016 at 8:57 pm

It's an actual Supressor…its a SRT Shadow XL TI suppressor. it's on his Q&A on facebook

• 07/26/2016 at 8:58 pm

Papa Mike, I agree with you. I don't think the Hailstones hunt fairly. It's called hunting for a reason. Also, when they rob the birds nests they take all of the eggs and never leave any. No propagating here. Disgusting

• 07/30/2016 at 5:59 pm

Chip is the one I can't tolerate. All the moto-mouth ever talks about is how great his choices are. I get it Chip – you live a subsistence lifestyle, right?

• 08/02/2016 at 6:59 pm

Sue is a joke claimed on one episode thst you could get eaten by a badger…. I have looked everywhere and have never ever heard of a badger killing and eating a human

• 08/05/2016 at 2:16 pm

Anyone who would take a sledge hammer and waste a snow mobile, (on camera no less) because they don't know how to drive one, has got some serious issues. She's in the perfect place with the perfect company.
    Thank God for "fast forwarding" !

• 09/06/2016 at 4:37 pm

Glenn Villeneuve I take my hat off to this guy every thing he dose is by is own physical
    effort no machines just man against the wild as in days of old respect to you Glen

• 12/17/2016 at 9:47 pm

Glen is stupid and NOTHING he does is correct for outdoor survival. I know because for 35 years I hunted fished camped and survived in that type of environment and he is NOT a real outdoorist!

• 12/20/2016 at 8:13 pm

Larry, you haven’t learned a thing in 35 years.

• 09/06/2016 at 4:42 pm

Also these brave souls are living a subsistence life style.The way many of our fore fathers lived hundreds of years ago.They take what they can use and put little to no impact on the environment. So many of you arm chair quarterbacks wouldn't last a week let alone a few days.But yet you sit on your lazy chair bitching about how they live when you have no idea about the regulations or hardships they encounter on a daily basis.You are so quick to judge when you can go down the street and buy whatever you want or have it delivered so you don't have to put forth any effort what so ever.If only we all lived a purely subsistence lifestyle this world would be a much cleaner and sociable place where everyone did there fair share. Instead of criticizing maybe you should look in the mirror and decide who you are truly upset at.

• 09/06/2016 at 4:42 pm

I believe she said a wolverine not a badger and yes they could in fact kill a human

• 09/12/2016 at 7:00 pm

Sue is overly dramatic. My wife and I laugh as she describes every single minute detail of her life as if she were planning the invasion of Normandy.

• 09/15/2016 at 3:46 pm

I will stick with the store-bought, butcher cut , paper-wrapped meat. You can fill here antisocial shoes if you want. Leave me out.

• 09/27/2016 at 6:40 pm

Love the show, love the people on the show. My hubby and I look forward to watching the coming season..we live vicariously as we are retired and too old to change our life style.

• 09/29/2016 at 2:20 pm

Who will hold the other ends of the logs etc for Andy? He should have thought about that before he was being a total Azhat to his wife. Talking down to her all the time on camera even what a ****** ! No womanor man needs to take crap from another human being. Im glad she stood up for herself finally and WALKED. Dont look back.

• 09/29/2016 at 2:21 pm

No. Chip is a convicted felon for 3 years has not been able to hunt or tough a loaded caliber fire arm but can use anything built before 1812. He is a non violent felon and committed perjury.

• 10/15/2016 at 4:56 pm

Hey, I love the shows. You all wonder what the federal and state may give or make foe the natives. Probably a good addition to their income, but not to live in luxury . Now, my 42 y/o step son and his girlfriend do a good job of the fed/state benefits. He had two teenage children, wife died by overdose of pills. The children, 16/15 are being removed from his custody. He hasn’t worked in over 10 years, gets $600+ in food stamps, each month, over 1,000 for all three from the state in SSI that comes from his wife’s death, each month. He now has a 6 month old illigetimate child with girlfriend, that makes 6 she has, with none having the same father, plus money and food stamps, plus all get Medicaid each and every month. Don’t ask me how this happens. I worked, paid my bills and taxes, etc up till now, I’m 72, physically disabled and this situation makes me sick. Wished I could get all 10 of these that can work, put them out Siberia, and let them survive if they can. If I want salmon, it’s $5.69 a can at the store, if I want it. More power to this show and the people, I love them and their PRIDE(Personal Results In Their Daily Efforts). God bless to all up their. Oh, to all the liberals down, hope you are happy, all these social programs are really working!

• 10/18/2016 at 3:46 pm

Love the comments….strung together they could be a Sit Com of their own…
    My take…
    – Chip should be father of the year.
    He’s teaching his kids to survive, giving them tools that will prepare them for life anywhere.
    – Agnes, if I had to pick one to live with,up there it would be her.
    Sue, got some issues but I sure as hell wouldn’t want her job.
    – Martha & Eric… Wish them the best.
    – Jesse is a hoot, it’s wonder he has all his limbs, 😉
    – Glenn, friggin Jeremiah Johnson
    – Kate & Andy, would drive me to the City. But if Andy built that compound I like him for a neighbor…just him.

• 11/15/2016 at 5:45 pm

I think Martha is super sexy hot! She needs more airtime. I will have to go and meat her myself. H

• 01/19/2017 at 4:26 am

She is happily married. If Erik didn’t kick your ass, Martha would.

• 12/08/2016 at 10:17 am

Glenn, end of one season you are starving and eating red squirrels. The next season 25 pounds heavier and still living in a wall tent. In Alaska we call that a hobby. Following a script. Pretty pathetic. LBZ running out of ideas in 2016.

• 12/17/2016 at 9:43 pm

I lived in Alaska 35 years hunting, fishing, exploring and learning how to live off the land. Watching Life Below Zero and the cast is both rewarding and enjoying EXCEPT for one of the cast, GLEN! He is a complete fool and simply has to be a setup as EVERYTHING he does is wrong, backwards, dangerous and ill advised. You DON’T walk in front of a sled with 200 pounds of wood downhill in the winter, you DON’T strip down to nothing and cross a Glacial River with a 50 pound pack on your BACK, you DON’T wade in a swamp in bare feet, you DON’T clean a carcass INSIDE your crappy little hut, you DON’T setup a tent on the top of a mountain of rock to watch the sheep, then get blown off it when the wind kicks up. He talks and repeats himself showing well below average life skills and should be removed from the show as his credibility is absent….in other words…he is a FOOL!!

• 12/20/2016 at 7:46 pm

Sue is a total moron. In this day and age only emotionally immature people smoke. She is proud to smoke as proven by her doing it on camera. How will she put out the fire when she falls asleep smoking? I gag when she is on and must change the channel until the next segment. She loves the sound of her own voice. I feel badly for the Nat’l Geo crew that is stuck filming her nonsense.

• 12/27/2016 at 9:48 pm

Time for some new people. Show getting boring.

• 01/07/2017 at 7:38 pm

Sue is my “shero” , she makes no bones about who she is, keepin’ it real. I have nothin’ but respect for the whole cast. Livin’ life the way they want, not bound by a cubicle like most of us. God bless them all, because only he can judge.

• 01/08/2017 at 9:49 pm

The producers understand that different viewers favor some of the cast over others as exemplified by the comments seen in this blog.

One quirk I did notice was when Sue went fishing which she described as recreational activity while the commentator described itnas putting up a food source for the coming months ahead.

Love the show keep up the good work.

• 01/11/2017 at 12:33 pm

Being of mixed blood, Cree, Irish,and scottish,. born and raised in northern Quebec,. I enjoy the show but question so much of ”how i can do it all” ”see how i know so much”. I really love living like this because i can not function anywhere else or interact properly around people” and yes,i was in jail BUT those 27 witnesses were ALL WRONG”!!!!!!! Life growing up was very hard by todays standards but we did not know that…..we had a single firearm shared between a half dozen people,. an old first world war Lee Enfield…..it got us geese,caribou,moose. If we had fur,my father could buy soft point c.i.l. cartridges, if the money was scarce, they used old army surplus solids…. when i see the HAILSTONES trying to use a black powder muzzleloader for Muskox,”hammering” a round ball down the barrel,it showed the show to be just what it is a”t.v.show”. Sue talking about a 400 yard shot with a semi auto on grizzly,then actually shooting one,. that showed the show 100% what it is, a .t.v. show”.

Glenn Bigbear

• 01/24/2017 at 1:26 pm

I don’t understand why Sue Aiken is part of the show? … she doesn’t own the hunting lodge … she’s a caretaker… she has all the comforts of home … internet… satellite tv… satellite phones… airplanes stop in all the time … she has food delivered right to her… never needs to hunt… doesn’t seem to know much about hunting… every time she turns around she’s doing something dumb and getting hurt… I don’t get it … why she is on a show with others that have to hunt and fish for real survival?

• 05/05/2017 at 6:10 pm

She bought the place she lives you must have missed that show!

• 01/27/2017 at 8:23 pm

Love this show, everything about it, love animals but this is survival, real stuff, real people, miss it when it is off.

• 02/12/2017 at 4:18 pm

does anybody know what Glen uses to cover his rifle barrel when he’s on a hunt??

• 02/15/2017 at 12:16 am

I can’t understand how Sue got all her extremely heavy equipment out to where she lives,can anyone explain that?

• 02/19/2017 at 10:57 pm

Andy makes the show. I love the relationship that he has with his dogs–this tells a lot about a person. He is the real deal-that’s why people pay big $ to go to his place to learn about living in Alaska. He is BY FAR the most knowledgeable and skilled on the show. He got along great before Kate and he will now that she’s gone. I’ll bet that she was no angel when the cameras weren’t running. He’s doing great w/o her–I hope she’s doing great wherever she is.

• 03/27/2017 at 4:37 pm

You all have to remember something folks……the meek true woodsmen and women would not be interested in a life of cameras and film crews….this ones were sought after for screening and what flair they can provide….is the show BS ? Yes in some respects it is….a camera always around prior to a crash or something happening at the perfect moment ……Erik clearly rolled that machine on purpose….Sue rolled and the cameramen stayed on shot with no rush to help…hmmmmm ? Just a touch scripted to say the least….also folks Sue is not permitted by law to harbour or feed those fox……that’s a huge fine for pet keeping of wild animals in Alaska….yes some of its very cool to see others life of living hard…..but there was also a show called the ozbournes too remember ? Lol

• 04/02/2017 at 5:46 am

Chip and Agnes Hailstone’s seem to be real nice people,but if your gonna take that roll on as a movie star you got to take care of your teeth. I no that dentist are scarce,but come on now.
    But I do enjoy your shows,seen them all.
    Al Thank’s

• 04/02/2017 at 6:09 am

Just started watching the show and while I enjoy most of it… I abhor Erik’s trapping for fur. I have to fast forward those parts. Seeing those poor animals caught in metal traps and suffering, sometimes for days, is sickening.

• 04/08/2017 at 1:31 pm

Life below Zero is my favorite show! Living this lifestyle commands respect, and I also want to comment on the great work by the photographers and crew: absolutely amazing! Must have been a very demanding job to film in these locations.

• 04/08/2017 at 7:00 pm

I have to laugh at the comments on the Hailstone’s way of hunting. They hunt & gather this way because it’s a matter of survival for them. Don’t apply your sport hunting rules to them because you would never survive trying to live the way they do. Granted, Agnes needs a nice scoped 30/06 more than anyone. A lot of the shots taken are much further than they appear on camera. Yeah, Andy can be a prick but you have to be a tough SOB to maintain a spread like his. I always knew Kate probably wouldn’t last. Nice gal but she wasn’t tough enough for the lifestyle. She put herself in situations where she could have been killed. I’m sure she could have left anytime she wanted. What took her so long?

• 04/10/2017 at 6:07 pm

Sue is a definite head case. She needs to get Away and hit that therapy!….seems like every episode, she is whining, “death is just outside the door!” ” I could die tonight!”, “this problem, that problem, the sky is falling!”, “the apocalypse is closing in on me!” Negative this , negative that! Lady, shut up! Self absorbed drama queen…”poor me, poor me!” Can’t fast forward through her scenes fast enough!!!

• 04/11/2017 at 7:37 pm

Robert, I couldn’t agree more about Sue shinning on every single Glen episode. Yes, we get it Sue. You live remotely with bears and other wild animals around. And if she says panties one more time I’m gonna spew!! Even my 13 year old asked why she whines so much. LoL

• 04/11/2017 at 7:56 pm

I meant whinning on every single episode.

• 04/11/2017 at 7:54 pm

I am team Hailstone all the way. All you crying about them laughing after taking eggs from seagulls need to have a reality check. They were happy to be together as a family, doing a family activity and happy to bring food to their families. They use Caribou, elk and moose meat as a bartering tool as well as food. They have to take what they can while they can. They are teaching their children how to survive in this life out in the wilderness, not in front of a television and ordering pizza from the couch.
    Sue is my LEAST favorite. She is a badass for sure and I wouldn’t want her life, but she is the biggest drama queen. Now she is suing producers, blaming them for her Snow mobile accident. That came as no surprise to me at all. I hope she’s off the show because of that.
    Andy’s an ass and I wasn’t surprised Kate left him. When she bashed her finger he basically told her to Buck up. He’s a control freaks and treats the dogs better than her. Wasn’t surprised when she left him. Let’s see what happens now.

• 04/13/2017 at 8:06 pm

Please take the people off the show who cuss every other word. They claim joy in their living condition. Yet all they do is cuss. Just because you live in the wild doesn’t mean you have to be crude and tackles. I throughly enjoy the Hailstones family. The ones with a son and a few daughters. They are a loving, healthy couple worth watching. And the young man who traps and sells fur , Eric I think, he is also entertaining. But that single woman is appalling , rude and tackles. Thank god for fast forward. Kate rockets partner cusses just way to much. Is this a family show?

• 04/18/2017 at 9:23 am

Love the show. Glen is annoying all his whispering telling us what we already know. Really don’t care to see his naked body. Love the humor and ruggedness of Sue. She is who she is and her own woman. Has anyone notice since Andy rbeturn he seems less frustrated and angry, more at peace and less swearing. Maybe he. Just needs solitude over people. He is a very talented man.

• 04/24/2017 at 10:48 pm

The Below Zero
    Is about the score I give it . Below zero
    Shooting moose swimming in the river at
    Point Blank Range is unethical and inhumane,
    I’m a hunter and fisherman for 40 years I see no need to have 40 dogs and have to rip thousands of fish from the waters to feed dogs . Buy dog food .
    Chip and Agnes kill
    Anything that moves . Taking shots from 300 yards with iron sights ? Come on ,

Can’t wait till the show is cancelled .

Sue is suing the show and I’m glad . She’s the only one I have any respect for on the show .

• 05/01/2017 at 7:10 pm

Hmm I was Army green beret but even in basic we had to use basic sights to hit a human size target at 800 meters 28 out of 30 times. Easy stuff.

• 05/01/2017 at 7:22 pm

Kind of a let down to watch now. Knowing how much their all worth and being paid by the network. None of them need to kill for food or do anything they do to survive. Yet preach to everyone that they have to do it all to survive. No they dont. Not even close.

• 05/02/2017 at 4:54 pm

More Andy (intelligent, inventive, and hard working), LESS Sue (drama stories ’bout nuth’n). Pleeeeze?

What's Your Opinion?