Eustace Conway’s Net Worth

Eustace Conway from Mountain Men Net Worth

From Struggling Mountain Man to Multi-Millionaire
Eustace Conway is one of the original cast members on the Mountain Men’s first Season seen on the History Channel. From the very first episode dating back to 2011, there’s no question Eustace Conway is the real deal when it comes to living a Mountain Men lifestyle. Nestled deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, Eustace has successfully turned a 1000 acre piece of Heaven into a Natural Preserve teaching fundamental outdoor survival skills He calls “Turtle Island Preserve.”
Eustace Conway from Mountain Men Show
Eustace Conway’s Book

Even Eustace Conway would admit the recent success of Turtle Island Preservative’s attributed to the Fame He’s gained since becoming a Reality TV Star on The Mountain Men Show. Thousand’s of Fans have flocked to Conway’s site over the past four Seasons hoping they might get a personal invitation living and working with Eustace. Because of Conway’s popular Mountain Man’s lifestyle in this day and age, also came the authorities deeming his way of living was unsafe for the general public.

Here’s a video of Eustice Conway talking about what appears to be the end of Turtle Island Preserve and the Mountain Man lifestyle. All Guest’s can no longer fully participate because it was not safe according to current building regulations.  Eustice’s entire Mountain Men’s lifestyle living in the Modern Age was in question, not to mention Conway’s Staring role on the History Channel.

Turtle Island Get’s Shut Down

The whole event being raided and shut down by the authorities must have been devastating for Eustace. This once private Mountain Man living with no electricity or running water was now in a modern day battle. Fortunately for Conway, He was already a Reality TV Star when Fox News made a special “War on the Little Guy.”

A new bill H774 was soon unanimously passed by both the House and Senate on June 12, 2013, exempting Turtle Island Preserve structures from the current building codes. Eustace was back in business with Turtle Island now more popular than ever before. Good for you Eustace and all the guests that can now “legally” visit your piece of paradise.

Eustace Conway learned a great deal about the modern world since becoming a Reality TV Star and his battle preserving his Mountain Man way of living off the land. The #1 rule is, it still takes a lot of money and a high net worth (especially with 1000 acres of land) to live in this modern day and age.

Because of all the publicity and main location on the Mountain Men Show, Turtle Island Preserve has become a “must visit” destination when visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Several workshops and programs keep a steady stream of visitors visiting Turtle Island Preserve every single day. In a way, it’s almost become a Disneyland type attraction learning primitive survival skills.

Visit Eustace Conway from Mountain Men

With Turtle Island Preserve now a major tourist destination, Eustace Conway’s net worth has skyrocketed in recent years. Eustace Conway has a Net Worth of at least $2 million as his 1000 acres of wooded paradise becomes more valuable with each passing day. You could offer Conway $20 million for Turtle Island Preserve, and he probably still wouldn’t sell. Some things in life are simply not for sale, at any price.

Visit Eustace Conway’s Turtle Island Preserve”
FaceBook
Twitter

26 thoughts on “Eustace Conway’s Net Worth

• 01/04/2016 at 2:29 pm

Eustace has very intelligent views on life, one complaint is however did the subtitles mustr come from a non english speaking country as there are mistake after mistake. I am an English born person living in South Africa and I understood everything that Eustace said.

• 05/19/2016 at 2:46 pm

Explain more in detail how your gasifier ran Toyota works . I thinks proves you truly can pull off living off the grid. .. You rock Eustace Conway !!! You make the show on mountain Men….Dave

• 07/26/2016 at 8:58 pm

I wish I could meet him and all the cast. They are more intelligent and smarter than those who attend college and got degrees.

• 01/02/2017 at 8:34 pm

They are educated. Eustace and Preston both have college degrees.

• 08/06/2016 at 4:07 pm

Yeah, those stupid people who got college degrees in Anthropology and English!

• 08/28/2016 at 3:19 pm

I have lived in the Blue Ridge fairly close to where Eustace lives, only I've got electricity and don't go to the extremes. I do raise my food and keep animals, a couple of horses, a beef, hogs and some chickens. My biggest problem is property taxes, it's really hard to pay them when you don't make big money at a city job.

• 09/06/2016 at 4:41 pm

Eustace has two Bachelor degrees from Appalachian State University.
    Anthropology and English.

• 09/09/2016 at 2:01 pm

Anyone who has lived in or around Boone, NC knows this area is anything but remote. The fact that they even compare this area of the US to other rugged parts of the country, including Montana, Wyoming, and Alaska is ridiculous. You can see the large controversial hotels that was built on top of Sugar Mountain in one of the shots. The episode where they ride their horses into the big city of Boone? Give me a freaking break…I lived in Boone and Blowing Rock for 7 years, graduated from Appalachian State University, and was an avid hiker/camper. Bamboo road is right between Boone and Blowing g Rock (5-6 miles either direction). This is where his Turtle Creek or whatever it's called compound is located. This guy is from Columbia, SC…Some mountain man. I just have to laugh every time I see this show. This guy is a sham, and Mae his money off idiots.

• 01/14/2017 at 10:24 am

I visited that area and must agree with you….I live in NH and we have more remote areas here too, but I am not in those locations. I don’t think they use common sense many times and I don’t know how they are in such a bad situation…

• 02/26/2017 at 4:36 am

Oh are you a party pooper you Nieve little this is America you can be what you want truth is he has worked hard mountain man hard so he is now a mountain man where he was born is erelavant I Was born in TX does that make me a cowboy? You are just a hater pulling Jedi mind trick you don’t want to be an arts hole you want to go home and rethink your life! So A thousand acres is not big enough hum in the blue ridge mountains Hents mountain are you a special kind of stupid thought so you truly have a twisted mind. How long could you survive. Unbelievable
      City folks

• 09/13/2016 at 5:51 pm

Agreed if he really is or was a mountain man why does he live so near a real city. Not only that I think he real intent is and was to get rich which he has done. For real the episode where he was gonna lose "the farm" unless he could somehow get the money to pay his taxes "to the man" when in realty all he had to do is write a check or go to the bank and make a withdrawl. I must say it was a nice idea for him to go to "town" on horseback. I gues he ran out of wood to run his toyata. Oh well it's TV and is suppose to be entertainment my only problem is why do they call it reality when it's not even close to that?
    Miklo

• 09/17/2016 at 5:44 pm

They call it a 'reality'because to Eustace it is 'REAL'

• 02/14/2017 at 8:30 am

“REAL” what? living 5 or 6 miles from town aint really in the wilderness IMHO, look its cool I ain’t mad just call it what it is. BTW its “reality” and “REAL” not ‘REAL’ or ‘reality’ jus sayin. There are in fact other “REAL” mountain men on the show maybe Eustace lives on or near a mountain but it sure ain’t wilderness such as Marty in Alaska for example. He does some cool things for sure….. smart guy but in my opinion he is not a so called mountain man living in the wilderness, and that’s cool just don’t try and act like he does that’s all .For the nay sayers he had money before the show just not as much, hmmm I didn’t realize the “wilderness” could provide so much.

MIKLO

• 09/20/2016 at 9:18 pm

1st, When he owed tax money the show had just started, was in season 1 or 2, so he wasn't rich yet.
    2nd, he hadn't built the gasifier for the Toyota yet.
    And 3rd, He lives where he does because it is a lifestyle choice whether there is a town/city close by or not.

• 09/22/2016 at 12:21 pm

One of the episodes where Eustace gives Justin or Jason his packing orders because he didn't site his firearm in correctly was BS any real hunter would not and should not rely on another to site in there weapon to go hunting for food that they rely on to survive. Also a real hunter would have a rifle that is consistently accurate that does not move its point of impact and does not need sighting in. Also the rifle that fired the group was not the rifle Eustace missed the dear with. He can only blame himself. Pro Shooter Australia. contract.shooter@skymesh.com.au

• 10/09/2016 at 6:59 am

I’m from the UK. We know Eustace is a sham, but what an entertaining sham! Anybody who watches these reality shows and believes this is real life wants to get out more.

• 11/23/2016 at 12:06 pm

For all of you idiots that are making judgments about the legitimacy of someone’s life and character based solely on what you have seen on a highly edited “reality” tv show — just stop embarrassing yourselves.

And mister “Appalachian Native” who has obviously never stepped off of Bamboo Road long enough to discover some of the truly backwoods areas, including Eustace’s Turtle Island (not Turtle Creek), have no room to judge what you know nothing about.

When Eustace began accumulating his land many, many years ago, the towns of Boone and Blowing Rock were not nearly as developed and populated as they are today. With the expansion of Hwy 421 and now Hwy 321, as well as the gaining popularity of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail bringing thousands if not millions more visitors to the area every year, he has amassed more and more land so as to create a sanctuary to preserve his way of life. In the article above, when the author is speculating Eustace’s net worth to be around $2 million, he is talking about the value of his land. If any of you had ever been to Turtle Island you would see that he may be “land rich” but that does not pay the taxes. That is one of the reasons why this highly reclusive and introverted man finally agreed to even be on a show like Mountain Men — to be able to pay what he owes and preserve his way of life and allow him to teach others so that he can pass it on to the next generation.

I personally know all of this since we live nearby and each of my kids spent several summers at Turtle Island camps and I’ve taken the time to actually talk with the man and get to know him and his life story. One of the things I’ve always admired most about Eustace is that like us as parents, he also teaches the kids he works with to learn to investigate and analyze the facts for themselves — you know, analytical thinking, not just believing everything they see or hear without question. Perhaps some of the commenters here could gain something from that lesson as well.

I’m sure that my words here have offended some and for that, I am truly sorry, since that was not my intention at all. My goal was to try to show a different perspective on the topic and to remind folks that we all have the personal responsibility to never quit thinking for ourselves.

• 11/24/2016 at 9:25 am

C. Murphree, Thanks for stopping by and leaving one of the best comments I’ve ever read concerning “ALL” Reality Stars. Just because most (All) Reality Shows are staged or fake to some degree, doesn’t mean the producers went out-of-their-way finding Real Mountain Men for the Show.

• 11/29/2016 at 9:39 am

I would like to no if the fires down south will reach turtle island and are they in any danger

• 12/06/2016 at 3:32 pm

I could hang out with him for sure and would really like to have a knife he made.

• 12/10/2016 at 2:02 pm

The show should be about Eustace’s neighbor! He’s the one who does all the work. Eustace relies on him heavily and I sure hope that guy gets paid at least as much as Eustace. I can’t stand Eustace. He is a joke. Maybe the show can refocus on the neighbor. He’s the real Mountain Man out of the two. Have you ever noticed when Eustace talks about work being done its always “WE” but when he talks about completing a project it’s always “I”. In our household we laugh and call him credit taking USELESS!! In addition, when he is teaching these kids skills, and they mess up and break a tool, he acts like it’s the end of the world and makes the kid feel awful and fires them! He gets PAID to teach them, they are doing his work for free!!! ha ha, lighten up USELESS.

As far as Eustace having two degrees, he probably soaked the American tax payers for Pell grants as long as he could, ha ha.

• 01/01/2017 at 3:36 am

Interesting have been around these hills for a while and never heard of him and turtle island its always the famous millionaire celebrity eccentric that go unnoticed by the local crowd until you read about their lawsuit in the news.

• 01/07/2017 at 3:56 am

We love watching the Mountain Men show. Whatever people may think about the authenticity of these men you have to admire them for their ingenuity. Eustace is truly a very intelligent man and comes up with some interesting ways to solve problems. He does need to take better care of his tools though!

• 02/21/2017 at 10:23 pm

I like Mountain Men, the only show of my husband’s programs I like. Tom is my favorite. There are some other Alaska shows I think are dumb, like Life Below Zero!

• 04/20/2017 at 5:20 pm

I’ve never laught so much in my life at reality programmes ,one of the best is bush family what a bunch of idiots ,how they ever survive in the wilderness none of them could catch a cold ,and as for the mother flouncing about in a fur coat that never gets dirty well.and as for the father he could not organise a booze up in a brewery,but the biggest laugh is the producers and co ordinations of the show they can’t get the scenes to run in sync,all in all keep making the series you make me laugh at every episode

What's Your Opinion?